FEJO Friday 10th Dec

We should wait till he kicks a bag in the first preseason game

They come back, if we are still interested that is.

Waterman played practice games against other clubs, Lockyer played in the Marsh cup game (the one that had the pause because of lightening) when they were still “train on” players.

But I believe we can technically sign someone from the 10th of January when the SPP actually opens.

3 Likes

Got it. Jan 10 circled on the calendar.
The countdown has begun.

4 Likes

Wonder who benches the most now that Hooksey is gone…

1 Like

Ham

3 Likes

J-Stew would be my first guess

Lav would be up there too I reckon

I lift more than any of our players each time I get up from the couch!

9 Likes

Does look a lot like Lovett.

160 aint bad

Was shocked he could do it for reps

I’ve been saying it for years ‘selection pressure means nothing unless you have elite players in those positions to start with’.

Now our midfield I feel is elite at its best, but our tall forwards and tall backs are all unproven. So even though on the training track it appears that we have selection pressure, the truth is we don’t have elite players (yet) in those positions (excluding Ridley).

I think we have a lot of potential in our side, but we have a very even non elite tall player list.

3 Likes

Selection pressure can often drive improvement. We may not have proven elite players now but who knows what opportunity may present us. Prior to last season no one would have thought Ridley was capable of becoming the player he is today.

2 Likes

I agree, just pointing out that selection pressure doesn’t translate to being a good team.

You know something, I sort of did. There was something about Ridley. I reckon you can tell pretty early.

1 Like

Agree with you there, had something about him from the beginning

I get it. Selection pressure can exist in a team full of hacks.

Having something is very different to being in AA contention in your first full season. Been a meteoric rise. Not saying it wasn’t always there but to do what he did in the space of one season is extremely rare.

I’ve seen enough.

SIGN.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Training - Monday 13 December 2021

Do you have any evidence of this?

One season? He was our B&F winner in 2020!

1 Like