Finals

As a result of the Scum's capitulation we cannot "statistically" miss the finals. Congratualtions to James Hird and the team on this significant achievement, especially when you consider we were a basket case a few years ago. So where are we likely to finish?

This may not be popular but I think we can forget the top 4. Freo's run is softer than a baby's bum and the other 3 have stolen a break. So that means the Filth, Richmond or Port. Port are the best option but I wouldn't mind a go at the traditional enemies, especially at the MCG with a well rested side. Any views?

Sydney have a tough draw coming home (both Geelong and Hawthorn). Realistically I reckon we can sneak into 4th spot and set up a blockbuster against Hawthorn in the first week. Actually, we need a lid off thread.

Pessimistic- If the players are as worn down by everything as I am I'd think Port would be the only team we could beat.

Neutral- Reckon next month will be a fair bearing on how we go in the finals

Optimistic- Shown we can beat Richmond and Collingwood at the G and Freo over there and Port at Etihad.

LID OFF- Will our premiership parade be up Puckle, Napier or Buckley Street?

Was feeling bad looking at the ladder and seeing us on same points as Collingwood and Richmond, after the great year we had.

But just realised that we can’t drop out now (with Richmond and Collingwood). So it is between Port and Carlton, and Port should cement the final spot.

It will be either Port or Richmond for us.

I’ll be happy with whoever, wherever. Just be good to be back there and knowing we belong, unlike our last two finals forays.

The G would be the best, but Port at Etihad would be a great atmosphere too, would blow the roof off.

Is there a Richmond "lid off" thread?

We're disappointed with ourselves, and we're still ahead of them.

After last nights upset at ANZ, the battle for Top 4 has definitely opened up for a few sides.

As good as Sydney have been at times this year, and as much as they get talked up by Roos, they currently are 4 1/2 losses.

This week they will monster the Saints, but then a trip to Simmonds, followed by Hawthorn last round.

Geelong will almost certainly be playing for a home Final first up.

The Hawks will be in the same position in the last Round if they drop one of their next 2 ( Coll / NM ).

Point being, the Swans will likely come up against 2 very good, and motivated teams in the last 2 rounds, with Freo gunning for Top 2.

Could easily lose them both, which brings Coll and Rich into play for 4th spot, and us if we can regain form.

The best thing next week, is for Coll to beat the Hawks (washes mouth out with soap).

Would be great if WC could upset Gee (Patterson) also, though that is less likely given their recent form.

Great end to the year coming up regarding jostling for positions.

Lets hope we are part of it !

Please throw us out AFL

Couldnt bear a 100 point belting by Bitchmond or the Wobbles

Has a team ever entered the finals on a 6 match losing streak?

I think Melbourne lost 6 out of 7 or something like that in the early 2000s

Will not win another match.

We are so flat.. If there is anyway to freshen us up and get some spring in the legs, do it, even if it means resting players and cop major belting over the next 3 weeks.

We are so flat.. If there is anyway to freshen us up and get some spring in the legs, do it, even if it means resting players and cop major belting over the next 3 weeks.

More than anything MF, our problem is between the ears. It may appear as though we are physically farked, but today I saw a team that looked like they had nothing left to give. 

I'm all for giving some games to youngsters, ESP Joe but, our midfield needs to find some form if we're going to be vaguely respectable week 1 of finals.

Will not win another match.

I am going to try and stay positive for just a fraction longer.  Last year, we nearly (and should have) rolled Adelaide in Adelaide in the middle of our massive stink-up phase.... reckon we might be able to rise one last time.  My gut says Richmond...   but we might fall off the wagon again for the final.

More than anything MF, our problem is between the ears. It may appear as though we are physically farked, but today I saw a team that looked like they had nothing left to give. 

I'm all for giving some games to youngsters, ESP Joe but, our midfield needs to find some form if we're going to be vaguely respectable week 1 of finals.

This,

can't blame them but they're mentally defeated I think. As much as this may just be post game frustration I really don't think we'll fire even half a shot for the rest of the season.

Bring on 2014-15-16

Bring in Daniher and we will start winning.

I think Melbourne lost 6 out of 7 or something like that in the early 2000s

They got to the top of the ladder then didn't win another game. We rolled them in the elimination final.

We're missing Hurls and Crameri. Crameri next week for sure but if Hurls needs another week, sobeit. The only game that really matters now is the final and it'll be against the Tiges or the filth. I'd be happy to be smashed by the Tiges in the last round and then beat them by a point a week later. Didn't we do that to Richmond under Sheeds once(not the point bit but the form reversal in the first final)?

I am going to try and stay positive for just a fraction longer.  Last year, we nearly (and should have) rolled Adelaide in Adelaide in the middle of our massive stink-up phase.... reckon we might be able to rise one last time.  My gut says Richmond...   but we might fall off the wagon again for the final.

Um, we didn't win again that year after that game, in fact we didn't even get within 4 goals for the rest of the year, so I don't get your point.

i can see this happening too.. one last horrah with crameri and hurley back could be this week actually