Finals

i can see this happening too… one last horrah with crameri and hurley back could be this week actually

Play Crams and Hurls the next 2 weeks and then rest them the game before the finals. Then unlease them in the final against the Tigers.

I’ve loved the effort of our boys all year, but we look shot.

In the past it was physical, but this year it is mental and who can blame them after the year from hell they’ve had.

It’s frustrating for all but will keep backing up with my support as they have have given us so many great moments this year, which we have not gotten anywhere near in last few years. They need all of our support now more than ever.

Just hope we can get some key forwards in and lift one more time, just in time for finals, so we can stick it up the pies or the tiges week 1. It would be a huge step forward and be the perfect end to a tough, energy sapping, battering season.

Just realised, while playing with ladder predictor we can still make final 4  :blink:

BUT only if we beat, NM, Cart, Rich- certainly do-able before the train-wreck

AND Sydney lose to geelong and hawks- also possible...

We will be lucky to win another game so who cares. I actually wish there was a way I could erase the entire 2013 season- a la "Enternal Sunshine...". This season has left me so over footy I wonder if it'll ever be the same for me again.

We will be lucky to win another game so who cares. I actually wish there was a way I could erase the entire 2013 season- a la "Enternal Sunshine...". This season has left me so over footy I wonder if it'll ever be the same for me again.

Couldn't agree more.

It’s going to be scary I think.

well atm even if we lose the last 2 rounds we still finish 7,8

Is it worth it? I think so, even if we lose first round finals, we get that learning experience- something that should drive our players...

Couldn't agree more.

Yep.

I can't be certain but the waiting in limbo might be over. I'm not a gambler but I just checked the wooden spoon odds and we're out to $8 after being $3.40 or so yesterday and equal favourites a few weeks ago.

Is it finals celebration time? If so everyone should shelve everything until the first final.

Don't care who we play anymore, just want the team and the coaches back into the footy zone. Next 2 weeks should be treated like pre season games for mine, tune up games. Nothing, absolutely nothing, should be allowed to distract from our first final.

Hopefully more of the Blitz fraternity can get back to the issue of footy, the only issue worth discussing at his time of the year.

Couldn't agree more.

Yep.

I'll be happy with whoever, wherever. Just be good to be back there and knowing we belong, unlike our last two finals forays.
The G would be the best, but Port at  Etihad  would be a great atmosphere too, would blow the roof off. 

Oxymoron.

Couldn't agree more.

Yep.

Awesome Movie .... but disagree

Team showed a lot this year ... especially those games we came from nowhere to win in the west, and all through the asada bs they were so resilient and showed a lot of heart. Really developed a bond and character in this group I feel. 

That should not be ignored, discounted or lost as I really think the experience of this year will help us in years to come.

And we should all be proud of them for it. 

It is very hard at the moment. So much dark stuff happening and another year of mid season fade out, possibly more bad news to come, who knows. Not nice for anybody.

If Richmond win one final game then we will be the only team in the last decade apart from GC or GWS not to win a final. Which is very, very sad. For a big proud club like ours that dominated the 90s. making the finals almost every season and making 4 grand finals in 11 years. It's just a bit disappointing.

I just hope by 2015/16 we can start to become finals contenders. I doubt it'll happen in 2014, because the forward line is a long way off it. Players need start playing super confident within themselves for us to match the top 6 in the future.

I see Hird being all confident in the post matches, which is fine, but it isn't backed up on the field. I would be surprised if we start going from losing to teams by averages of 45+ points to suddenly winning comfortably without our preferred 22 out there.

Apparently the coaches are all tied up with trying to solve the off field issues, because too many distractions. can't they get reps to do the ground work?? surely the team comes first.

Stay positive people, don't believe for a moment that the coaches don't have at least one eye on the main prize.  They are made of sterner stuff than most of us, that's why they demand our admiration.  As Litte said,"the Finals campaign was first and foremost the priority of our club."  We're in the finals for sure now.  We are Essendon.  The other teams we don't fear.

phew. goody!

DO NOT WANT