First time since 2003

I can't believe we lost to the 17th and 18th sides.....

This.

Somebody remind me what position the team would be if we hadn't dropped the melb/saints/richmond games?

I swear to fark watching the boys go full retard vs melbourne defies any logic or science. How the fark do they just lose their **** every year against that joke of a team.

The boys should definitely be ashamed of the melb and saints games, pathetic.

If we'd won the St Kilda and Melbourne games we'd be 6th on the ladder with 13 wins, below Port on %

Add the Richmond and ANZAC Day games we really should have won we'd be 4th on the ladder with 15 wins, below Hawthorn on %.

And if we'd held on and pinched the Hawthorn and Geelong games we'd be 1st on the ladder with 17 wins.

This.

Somebody remind me what position the team would be if we hadn't dropped the melb/saints/richmond games?

I swear to fark watching the boys go full retard vs melbourne defies any logic or science. How the fark do they just lose their **** every year against that joke of a team.

If we'd won the St Kilda and Melbourne games we'd be 6th on the ladder with 13 wins, below Port on %

Add the Richmond and ANZAC Day games we really should have won we'd be 4th on the ladder with 15 wins, below Hawthorn on %.

And if we'd held on and pinched the Hawthorn and Geelong games we'd be 1st on the ladder with 17 wins.

#carriedaway

Only really interested in the Sains/Dees ones. We had Richmond on the charge, Pies when they were decent and Geelong/Hawthorn are actually good sides.

This.

#carriedaway

Only really interested in the Sains/Dees ones. We had Richmond on the charge, Pies when they were decent and Geelong/Hawthorn are actually good sides.

Just illustrates the moments throughout a season that make the difference between scrapping for a finals berth and being top 4 and a premiership contender.

This.

#carriedaway

Just illustrates the moments throughout a season that make the difference between scrapping for a finals berth and being top 4 and a premiership contender.

Oh yeh, for sure. I''ve tried to point that out to a Geelong supporter with their numerous wins under 9 points. Near impossible!

Oh well, as the boys get more mature (mentally speaking) and all this stuff with ASADA clears they'll start winning those games. As much as I hate Geelong it's no coincidence that they win their close ones. They're professional and experienced. It comes with time.

The losses to Melbourne, Saints and Tigers were simply pathetic, but that tells you the weakness in our team at the moment is lack of confidence in the forward line, forward structures, players backing themselves to score, but its mainly lack of confidence, which shouldn’t be happening at AFL level. Simple stuff.

On the flip side…7 of our 11 wins have been less than 10 points.

On the flip side...7 of our 11 wins have been less than 10 points.

That explains why I feel like I'm 85 years old I guess.

Kill this thread with fire.

BRING IT

Yep. Definitely moments in all of those games we deserved to lose.

And a couple of the close wins were to crap sides too - Lions, Dogs (x2). Even GWS we beat by a point less (14 points) than what the Saints beat us by.

We haven't played convincingly well except for the Pies game on July 13th, and the early Bloos/Tiges games.

If Bomber was hoping we'd peak about now, I hope I haven't blinked and missed it.

Yep. Definitely moments in all of those games we deserved to lose.

And a couple of the close wins were to crap sides too - Lions, Dogs (x2). Even GWS we beat by a point less (14 points) than what the Saints beat us by.

We haven't played convincingly well except for the Pies game on July 13th, and the early Bloos/Tiges games.

If Bomber was hoping we'd peak about now, I hope I haven't blinked and missed it.

Spot on. We have failed against the top teams, spudded it up against the cellar dwellars and scraped over the line too many times. Our formline is not even bipolar as that would imply we win well periodically.

Reason = Bomber Thompson (?)

Or just it was about then that Solomon & MJ were moved forward of defence, and with Hardwick traded, Wallis falling off, the only member of our defensive unit left were the aging Wellman & Fletch. Add a quickly deteriorating midfield and the last year or two is probably the first time we have had a stable back 6/7 players with a midfield in front of them who either wins the ball or puts on pressure since 2003.

2003? Only one thing comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-_BhozB3JA

2003? Only one thing comes to mind....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-_BhozB3JA

Wish I could like this multiple times  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Or just it was about then that Solomon & MJ were moved forward of defence, and with Hardwick traded, Wallis falling off, the only member of our defensive unit left were the aging Wellman & Fletch. Add a quickly deteriorating midfield and the last year or two is probably the first time we have had a stable back 6/7 players with a midfield in front of them who either wins the ball or puts on pressure since 2003.

Funny. Fletch was aging back then...

Shouldn't the thread be 1st time since 2004?

If we hadn't won a final since 2003... that would be another in the sequence of 11's.

This.

#carriedaway

Illustrates that form is fleeting.

Can somebody tell me what Ambrose adds to our team?

Can somebody tell me what Ambrose adds to our team?

awesomeness