Fixture 2020

edit: As long as the awful are following the RSL’s lead on this, and not the other way around.

Can’t wait for Blitz BBQ eve, Gonna get tanked.

9 Likes

Actually, I think its pretty cool. Went this year, plan to go in future years.

Although, ironically I might miss it this year since traditionally I take the 2 days after Easter off and take the whole period for a trip. With Thursday being a holiday, I’m not sure how that will affect our plans.

Its only a headache because of who is set in stone for Easter. Put games between us and Melbourne and Collingwood and Richmond on the Good Friday and Good Friday eve slots, and you have two ripping matches starting easter and guarantee 5/6/7 day breaks for everybody. Any games on the Saturday lead to a 4 day break.

If they’re really going to have Brisbane/Collingwood Good Friday Eve, and North Melbourne on Good Friday, then one of Melbourne of Richmond is getting a 4 day break and we’re getting a 5 day break. Probably best to play both Melbourne and Richmond on the Sunday so they have the same break leading into the match. Then if they play us on the Friday, we get a 5 day break and Collingwood a 6 day break (from a night match).

Play Sydney in Melbourne again thanks

Should ask Dan the man to make that a public holiday.

1 Like

So does Tuesday = Wednesday Eve?

And surely it isn’t fair that one team plays Thursday night and the other Saturday. Only way it can work is if you have two games on Friday, one at 3:20 and the other at 7:10

1 Like

Have a good Satdy Eve everyone!! :tada:

6 Likes

Please…It’s Cox Plate eve.

4 Likes

People saying Good Friday eve like there’s not already a name for Maundy Thursday.

6 Likes

I can’t wait to see Shiel play for us in the post-ANZAC Day eve match.

5 Likes

Wouldn’t mind seeing Joe, Raz, Glees & the Redman play in that one either!

Also known as Sheer “Essendon Arrogance” Thursday.

2 Likes

SEA levels. It will be nice to have a time where they can be legitimately discussed. Long way off it yet.

Since when do we have a great rivalry with North? All I’m reading is that the Good friday game should be between “great” rivals North and Essendon. I thought our rivals were Hawks, FC and Collingwood. is it a genuine rivalry or a ploy to try and make North relevant?

I think you answered your own question, right at the end.

6 Likes

FMD, I am so sick of playing Fremantle over there every ■■■■■■ year. Although, seeing as we went the Perth twice in 2018 maybe we will only go there once in 2019 and I’d rather it be against Fremantle than West Coast.

1 Like

Rd 1 GWS away on Sunday 24th March

Tough start.

Will give Shiel a comfortable start on his old home ground