Fixture 2020

Pretty happy with the draw.playing Brisbane at the mcg and hawthorn at Etihad is just plain weird

2 Likes

5 day break before a game in Sydney seems ludicrous.

Distribution of games, I like it.

Thursday - 3
Friday - 5
Saturday Day - 5
Saturday Night -4
Sunday - 3
Sunday Twighlight - 1

2 Likes

That Melbourne game Round 3 on a Fri night is massive.

Imagine them fleeing the Members in droves as Joe drills the sealer on the run from 60

4 Likes

Great draw. Iā€™m very happy with the number of Saturday games, I should be able to get to more games than usual next year. And apart from the sydney game, we have good breaks between games.

ā€¦ before 1/2 time

2 Likes

this

7 Likes

Still a possibility Round 9 v Freo could be changed from Saturday night to Sunday

Iā€™ll organise an impromptu visit over to the west for it. Joey will slot his 7th early in the last from 60 on the run, cue the Eagles supporters making for the exits!

1 Like

from AFL site (edited for accuracy):

Essendon and Richmond will both play in eight prime-time matches, including six games each on either a Thursday or a Friday night. Melbourne, the AFLā€™s highest scoring team last year, will play in three Friday night matches and a further Thursday night game.

On the other end of the spectrum, Fark Carlton and St Kilda have been punished by the AFL for disappointing campaigns by being dumped from Friday nights.

Neither side will take part in a Friday night fixture throughout the season, with Fark Carltonā€™s season opening clash with Richmond its only prime-time game for the year.

5 Likes

traditional South v Roys demarcation dispute (painters and dockers against the gasworkers)

Salty commentary from Ralph, his eyes, those of a Richmond supporter, whose team is no longer occupying the spotlightā€¦ ffs he needs to put away his Richmond strip and put on that Essendon jumper we gave him a couple of seasons ago. Time to jump ship Ralphy and go with the mighty bombers.

Welcome to prime time football.
All I see is 22-0.

6 Likes

I thought we had a blockbuster fixture, the only big Melbourne club we play twice is Collingwood?? And hawthorn at fkn Etihad.

GWS of all opponents on a Thursday night, fk me shades of Sunday twilight with 15k people all over again if weā€™re out of form.

1 Like

Tough draw for us, GWS, Sydney, Collingwood and Roos twice

I am sick of gardening on weekends already.

Bring. It. On.

5 Likes

3 of them will slide I reckon.

8 Games at the MCG
8 Games at Marvel
6 Games Interstate

Happy with the 8 games at the G.

I love it. The Dawks fans wonā€™t turn up.

2 Likes

And not nicely placed either side of the bye like this year, to facilitate a holiday.