FIXTURE HOPES -LEAKS 2020

BLOCKBUSTER

5 Likes

Which interstate trip for us in round one next season?

4 Likes

We haven’t done Queensland for Round 1 have we? Therefore I’m guessing round 1 2020 at the Gabba.

I’ve had a few drinks, but remember when Sydney couldn’t get the deal done lawlz

Sydney

One “leak” is that WCE have told the AwFL not to give them Thursday night games.

1 Like

after getting 65,000 against the swannettes at the G we should be playing them there again as well.

1 Like

Thursday night games suck

3 Likes

The AFL knows all;

Let the good times roll
Last year saw the Bombers enter the Good Friday sphere against North Melbourne, with Essendon adding to its list of high-profile games. The Bombers beat the Roos convincingly and there was a record fundraising for the Good Friday appeal so the Bombers will want to hold that spot.

More of the big V at the 'G
Of Essendon’s four home games at the MCG last year, two were against interstate sides – Brisbane and Sydney. The Bombers are keen to have more games against Victorian sides in their allotment of home MCG games in a hope to maximise attendances.

Blockbuster central
Plenty of Essendon’s fixture requests revolve around their run of blockbuster games in the early-to-middle part of the season. Good Friday, Anzac Day, the Dreamtime at the 'G clash with Richmond and then the Country game against Geelong means much of their main hopes centre on keeping these games as key contests. Anzac Day falls on a Saturday in 2020 so it will be interesting if the AFL keeps the Collingwood and Essendon clash as a ‘standalone’ contest without any overlap during the afternoon. - Callum Twomey

Yes that is why we will take some of WCE’s allocation.

We’ve played WC 3 out the last 4 years over there on a Thursday night. I reckon Essendon will be glad to see the back of that game as well.

1 Like

It’s being released in full this Thursday. So expect the usual schedule - controlled leaks Monday/Tuesday, with Round 1 dropping on Wednesday, full future on Thursday, and everyone complaining on Friday.

9 Likes

BUT I WANT TO COMPLAIN NOW!

5 Likes

I think you just did!

1 Like

1st round Tigers always get easy beats Blues.
Fiddled

Need to know when we play in Radelaide.

St.Kilda v North Round one. Odds are high we play interstate round 1, I reckon.

1 Like

Remember when it was the other way around? When the Tiges were the easy beats?

Neither do l.

1 Like

What I would hope 4.

2 x Blues - They will be up and about…2 wins against the arch enemy would be good
2 x bin chickens play back at the MCG again
2 x Pies WE were close twice last year…think we have their measure.
2 x Eagles - get to play eagles at home.
2 x Hawks - Beat Clarkos team twice would be good

only once against Tigers

2 Likes

No good for travelling fans - Thursday night games should only be for travelling gold coast and GWS fans.

1 Like