Flinders Street pedestrians run over

Unbelelievable front page hatchet job on police in the Hun today. I'm not even going to post it as it made me too farking angry.

Are you a policeman? Don’t think I’ve ever seen anybody vehemently defend the police like you do.

article was terrible and basically criticised what was a real sensible point of view from the police

I think back to the day a fair bit working in the CBD.

Still too shocking really to comprehend it all.

I hope this is true and not sub judice, but if anyone remembers a St Bernards schoolboy getting killed by a PEGS boy at Essendon Station tram stop…about 2004.

Allegedly, this guy was the killer.

Thought that was proven to be pure rumour months ago?

1 Like

Not true. Different ages for a start…

1 Like

I will inform my sister that her friend is an eejit.

But if this incident happened 13 years ago, this bloke is about 30, isn’t he? That wouldn’t put the ages out of whack.

1 Like

The bourke street guy grew up in coober pedy apparently.

2 years difference.

Umbrella incident occured in 2003, that kid was 14. The Bourke St guy is 26, meaning he was 12 in 2003. So no match.

The kid kept appealing his sentence and in 2006 he got 13 years. Not sure if he is out yet.

(Edited for more info)

Another nutter this morning

Dressed in full body suit and carrying knives

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/913927676502491137

Someone threw one of those useless oBike’s at his car. LOL.

2 Likes

Should have just shot him and done everyone a favour.

5 Likes

honestly dont understand how a cop gets into the position where he falls over, then they decide to taze him, seriously, cop could have got a knife to the neck. youd think as soon as he got out of the car hed be tazed.

1 Like

It’s OK, the public were in no danger from a masked man who is not a terrorist doing 70 in reverse up Swanson St serving to hit pedestrians, I know this cos a nice policeman on TV told me.

Must remember this next time I am a menace to society and get a ticket for doing 83 in an 80 zone.

3 Likes

It’s a balance between the politicians telling us we should be very scared, and to vote them in, and then when something bad happens for us to ‘go about your business as usual…’

1 Like

15, jeez

From this response it appears that how we deal with those with mental illness still has some way to go.

1 Like

No one knows anything of the state of the person. I’m sure every single murderer is mentally ill and it doesn’t mean they deserve sympathy. It could have been a very, very dangerous situation with thousands injured.

If he killed a family member or a loved one then I’d be asking them to shoot again just to be sure. I don’t care if they’re mentally ill or not, if you’re violent, attempting to murder someone and then resisting arrest including threatening and bringing an officer to ground then I hope they clock the idiot.

3 Likes

15 yo scum. Pity he’s not 18, because then he could be sentenced to 50 hours community service!

1 Like

Crazy, it’s not the behaviour of a sane person. The reality is is that you’re much more likely to know or have someone that is close to you that suffers from a mental illness than to have a family member hurt or worse in an incident like the other day. So would you want that person dealt with in a way you’re suggesting or would you want them to be treated as someone who has a problem?

How could the police have known he was mentally disturbed. Wearing that gear and behaving like that, i’d excuse Anything they did to bring him down.

Some people are just plain bad, not mad.

1 Like