Flinders Street pedestrians run over

I’d have thought wearing and doing what he did it was patently obvious he has a problem. Furthermore the cops handled the situation well. What you don’t want to see is them shooting first then asking the question.

What if he was a terrorist? Cops would look stupid…and possibly dead.

Wtf is people’s problem with these bikes?

1 Like

Does it matter?

Another mentally ill lone wolf.

The incident began around 8:15 Saturday night, when a sedan slammed into a traffic barricade, set up near the Commonwealth Stadium for the football game, hitting a uniformed police officer. The driver jumped out and “viciously attacked” the officer, according to Knecht, stabbing him several times with “a large knife.”

“the man facing charges is a refugee from Somalia.”

“This is Edmonton, we’re a very tolerant community.”

Football games, cars, knives same sickening pathetic response from the cowards and simpering sycophants that run our cities.

If only we had leaders with balls.

Not sure why we’re arguing about this. The police handled it appropriately. What shouldn’t happen is the ‘Crazy B’ approach of shooting everyone just in case.

Appropriately ? four police fully armed and equiped with guns, batons pepper spay or whatever approach a masked man who has tried to murder civilians in a Melbourne street and is armed with a knife and a lump of wood fully dressed in armour and the police are so paralysed by political correctness one approaches the man and the gets taken to the ground. He could easily been stabbed.

I reckon they should have given him the warning, and if he didn’t comply, shot him.

It’d be classified correctly as suicide by police.

1 Like

you dont even need to kill him, just shoot his leg, falls over, in police custody with no risk of harm to the officers. its absolutely bizzare, unless they had prior knowledge (perhaps a concerned mother called the cops saying my son has taken my car wearing riot gear, driving to city, im concerned etc) im firmly in the camp that more aggressive action should have been taken.

low % shot and more likely to miss

Cops are always told to aim for centre mass. Never the head, never the arm, never the leg.

2 Likes

Call in the Cobra.

1 Like

Should of put multiple bullets in him. Fk people who wanna be heroes and act like that, ask questions later after some lunatic is going in reverse, walking around with a helmet and backpack on. The cops had every right to shoot him. One day this will happen, they won’t shoot him, and that backpack will have a million ball bearings in it and kill multiple people.

1 Like

Should just get a flame thrower tbh, can’t still attack people once your lungs are burnt.

1 Like

Everyone’s a g0ddamn expert in policing. How ridiculous. Unless you’ve done the job, you have no idea how complex the determinations are, and the multitude of factors that need to be considered, before using force. And often, all these considerations need to be made in a matter of seconds.

Instead of sniping from the sidelines like you know better (“they should have just shot out his legs!” etc), people really should shut up and leave these sorts of calls to the experts who have the appropriate training, skills, knowledge and experience.

5 Likes

This. Well put

About 20 years ago, in 99 I think, some nutter dressed himself to the teeth dressed as a Scottish highlander, yes like the movie, and walked around brandishing a sword.

He was mentally ill and had his minder (i think it was) with him and threatened to behead her. The cops rocked up with a tank. Then people on the steps of flinders started goading him to start attacking people. The cops eventually took him down with a cannon of capsicum spray. They were furious at the general public.

A few months later he did the same thing at a milk bar claiming to be immortal.

1 Like

shouldn’t laugh, but i did.

Yeah, he actually said he was a decendant of Connor MacLeod.

incident on corner of Flinders and Elizabeth streets in Melbourne’s CBD.

‘It just mowed everybody down’: Pedestrians hit by SUV in Melbourne CBD

December 21 2017 - 5:12PM

Several people have been injured after pedestrians were hit by an SUV on the corner of Flinders and Elizabeth streets in Melbourne’s CBD.

Up to 16 people are believed to have been hit at the intersection.

Police have arrested the driver of the car. They do not yet know if it is a terror-related incident.

Sue from Walker’s Doughnuts on Elizabeth Street told radio station 3AW that she heard screams before she saw “people flying everywhere”.

“We could hear this noise, as we looked left, we saw this white car, it just mowed everybody down,” she said.

“People are flying everywhere. We heard thump, thump. People are running everywhere.”

One ambulance has just left the scene.

Police have blocked off Flinders Street from Queens Street to Swanston Street.

Hundreds of people are milling around the edges of the crash scene with police quelling a group in the crowd calling out that the incident was a terrorist attack.

A heavy police presence rushed to the scene just before 5pm on Thursday.

Footage from the scene shows crowds of scattered people surrounding the white SUV in the middle of the intersection.

Dozens of police cars, fire trucks and ambulances have descended on Flinders Street.

Police have cordoned off the street between Elizabeth and Queen streets and are not allowing any pedestrians through.