Flinders Street pedestrians run over

A preschool aged boy is in hospital with serious head injuries. No fatalities that I’ve heard of yet.

One of the injured is an off-duty cop who arrested the driver.

Never, ever, ever underestimate the atrocities that can be perpetrated by perfectly normal people.

8 Likes

Reports of the Bourke St driver a day or two ago may just have triggered someone to do something as heinous as this. Copycat like.

Speaking of the media, I’ll be shocked if they don’t turn this into a circus.

Yup
Riots in Werribee blame air bnb

Who should we blame for this?

1 Like

From what I heard on radio before, 4 people are still critical. The boy is stable.

He must’ve been waiting ages for the traffic to clear. That intersections usually packed with cars.

Just over 30 years since the Queen St massacre.

I understand he was behind other cars, then pulled onto the tram tracks & drove into pedestrians at the tram stop. Certainly doesn’t sound pre-meditated.

1 Like

If you want to see it, the video here shows the moment. Be warned though, it is distressing.

Actually I do know what I’m talking about. This is nothing to do with beat cops, but the police as a force and their constant inability to do anything due to constant policy changes that are aimed at post rather than prevention.

There is nothing a cop can do on the day, this is not the point. Could police have better policies to stop these idiots that are ‘known to police’ and already undergoing ‘probably’ court mandated mental health plan.

Our justice system is hell bent on being politically correct, and not worried about damage until it occurs.

For the courts, they have been weak for years, minimum terms are lax, these crimanls are not on their first offence. Wake up.

I don’t think video of the impact should be posted on blitz or in the media.
It is voyeuristic and insensitive to people directly affected.

2 Likes

people that end posts in wake up, up there with trickle down economics believers.

1 Like

should destroy all 9/11 footage then hey?

It does help dispel some rumours though.
Some witnesses claimed the car was travelling up to 100 kmh. Clearly in that video the car was travelling considerably less than that and not out of control. It appears that he just calmly drove through the intersection at a steady pace. Which in some respects is worse as there was no prior warning he wasn’t going to stop.

It’s a reality that 90% of people carry a phone with a camera these days and with everything shareable online, this sort of thing will always get out.

I think individuals just need to decide if they want to watch it or not.

We all have a different sense of right & wrong. If I had footage I’d make it available to investigators, but I wouldn’t share it publically or make it available to the media. I think it is tasteless. But I understand I’m likely to be in the minority.

Sorry to hear you came close to being directly involved by the way.

3 Likes

Thanks. Actually I’d do the same. I’d guess in this case someone has seen an opportunity to make a quick buck.

Twice this has happened now because of an ice addict.

Where is the war on drugs?

Oh and Caro recreational drugs are worse than peds

We surrendered to that ages ago. Now we give them safe houses to break the law and being on drugs is actually used as a compassionate plea to downgrade a sentence, not increase it

1 Like