Flinders Street pedestrians run over

I was actually thinking of the cops watching him at Flinders st when he was clearly breaking many laws & putting the public at all sorts of risk.

They might have approached him, especially after bystanders had. They could have tasered him at some point was my thinking.

I was actually thinking of the cops watching him at Flinders st when he was clearly breaking many laws & putting the public at all sorts of risk.

They might have approached him, especially after bystanders had. They could have tasered him at some point was my thinking.

True, but I also think - as strange as it sounds - theyā€™re a lot more reluctant to use taserā€™s sometimes in current day due to the effects if the crook has a heart condition etc and how it could be potentially lethal.

Benny40 above summed it up pretty well for mineā€¦itā€™s a lose/lose situation, and people are going to scrutinise the police no matter what they do in a situation as terrible as that.

Cops in QLD tasered a driver of a moving vehicle a few years back. Crashed into a power pole from memory. Stupidly idiotic thing for the cop to do. Very good chance of causing mass collateral damage. Plus Victorian cops donā€™t have tasers, other than in rural areas where backup is limited.

Watching the video of him doing donuts, heā€™s shielded from the street by the car. Hanging out the window in the middle of the circle. Bystanders crowding the sidewalk on all sides to get a closer look. Thereā€™s no clean way to approach him.

Iā€™m an emergency responder. The number of times Iā€™ve seen spectators put themselves in serious danger just to get a look at horrible carnage is ridiculous. People will legitimately block access, or compromise the work of emergency services because they want a sticky beak. Itā€™s incredibly frustrating. In this case it wiped out every option the cops had in the moments before it went so horribly wrong. I understand why people stopped to look, but the consequence is what it is.

True, but I also think - as strange as it sounds - theyā€™re a lot more reluctant to use taserā€™s sometimes in current day due to the effects if the crook has a heart condition etc and how it could be potentially lethal.

Benny40 above summed it up pretty well for mineā€¦itā€™s a lose/lose situation, and people are going to scrutinise the police no matter what they do in a situation as terrible as that.

Pigā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ! Please look up how many unarmed and relatively defenceless people the Vic Police killed in the last 20 years.

Do you remember that woman police person who ran through the innocent crowd at the MCG happily spraying everyone with pepper spray? Before she ran off without having to face the consequences of her actions. (There was a Vic MP there who got sprayed but I havenā€™t heard what happened to her after that.)

The cops are not holding back because they have the technology. They hold back because of other factors e.g. their own security.

But hey, I am sure that all the red light cameras and speed cameras were all working fine today, keeping everyone safe and making another bundle for law enforcement.

Pigā€™s ā– ā– ā– ā– ! Please look up how many unarmed and relatively defenceless people the Vic Police killed in the last 20 years.

Do you remember that woman police person who ran through the innocent crowd at the MCG happily spraying everyone with pepper spray? Before she ran off without having to face the consequences of her actions. (There was a Vic MP there who got sprayed but I havenā€™t heard what happened to her after that.)

The cops are not holding back because they have the technology. They hold back because of other factors e.g. their own security.

But hey, I am sure that all the red light cameras and speed cameras were all working fine today, keeping everyone safe and making another bundle for law enforcement.

Guarantee you the cops would love tasers. They donā€™t have them in Vic metro. Maybe budget. Maybe risk of heart attacks. Either way, not available.

Either way, of absolutely no use in this situation. Moving vehicle.

Ice addicts quite often will just ignore pepper spray. Donā€™t for a second believe cops on the ground donā€™t want the option of a taser.

taser a guy whos feet could slam down on an acceleratorā€¦

We should totally keep cutting spending on mental illness.

Thatā€™s part of the problem. Lack of mental health resources and a seemingly increasing need for them. This type of behaviour over a number of days canā€™t be considered rational IMHO.
Just dreadful and with long term suffering for so many traumatised people. The cost to the community of that would probably exceed what was saved on mental health spending.

Canā€™t taser some carnt in a moving car, the prongs wouldnā€™t stick, and if by some fluke they did, the wire would snap from the moving vehicle.

Maybe we need driverless vehicles. Obiviously this and Nice and Berlin are Tesla funded false flags.

No, what Cops need is an EMP spear. A Taser for cars, to short out the computers.

I imagined them, & thought it had to be possible about 5 years ago, & recently discovered they are now in development.

Will save a lot of lives when every cop car is fitted with them.

Here ya go.
Iā€™m sure weā€™d all love you to join and show everyone how you perfectly handle every situation to come across
https://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au/

Video of him doing burnouts prior https://youtube.com/embed/tDE5fjXeNPk

Thatā€™s not a burnout/doughnutsā€¦not even close, but driving slowly in circles doesnā€™t sound as exciting when reporting it.

Cops are on a hiding to nothing on this one, they are clearly following him in the video, questions will be asked as to why they didnā€™t stop him earlier.

Those donuts last longe enough for what must have been dozens of cops in that area to commandeer enough vehicalā€™s at the intersection to ram him . I know that sounds a bit hollywood, but would not have been difficult thing to do
https://twitter.com/theadamsamuel/status/822303492022775809
That bloke with the baseball bat was extremely brave, what fantastic symbol of defiance. He would have not have know at this point if that idiot was armed. More bravery than the police, and Im not cop bashing here

Good on the boys with the baseball bats who tried to do something. If the police approached while he was doing donuts, the nut job would of driven up Flinders St steps and there would be 30 dead.

Terrible for all involved and those who witnessed it.

Good on the boys with the baseball bats who tried to do something. If the police approached while he was doing donuts, the nut job would of driven up Flinders St steps and there would be 30 dead.

I think they could have just grabbed 4 cars from the public and git him easily. Everything is risjy but letting him frive down Swanston St was game over then

I think they could have just grabbed 4 cars from the public and git him easily. Everything is risjy but letting him frive down Swanston St was game over then

What a load of tripe. They try it right there then even more people are dead. That place had so many people all circled around that any attempt to block him would have failed and would have involved him trying to speed off through the crowds.

It was a no win situation for the cops and what isnā€™t helpful are the few in here and on social media trying to lay the blame at the cops feet.

What a load of tripe. They try it right there then even more people are dead. That place had so many people all circled around that any attempt to block him would have failed and would have involved him trying to speed off through the crowds.

It was a no win situation for the cops and what isnā€™t helpful are the few in here and on social media trying to lay the blame at the cops feet.

Not balming the cops at all. Just normal to look for things that could have been done to prevent this tragedy. You cant say that, the alternative was much better I suppose was it? A random guy hits the car with a baseball bat and the driver didnā€™t flinch or change tact then did he?. Based on the end result your theory is equally as crap as mine. Donā€™t be such a pompous holier than thou, know all

Normal to wish things couldā€™ve been done better. Useless to have social media twits claim to be experts. Itā€™s like reading dash cam Australia posts. Everyone gets blamed but the idiot that did it

You do wonder why guys are wandering around the CBD with baseball bats though.

You do wonder why guys are wandering around the CBD with baseball bats though.

Iā€™ve been thinking this too