Flinders Street pedestrians run over

I do question what the police did/should have known about his intentions.

His girlfriend was released on the Bolte Bridge after being kidnapped and reportedly said that he told her he was god and was going to run over people in the city.

Surely the police would have talked to her as they were following him the whole time.

The 10 year old girl who was killed is the sister of my niece's friend (both the friend and her mother are in critical condition).

Absolutely devastating :frowning:

That is farking terrible news, G. I was talking with my own daughter about this and we both thought this was the most the most tragic case. She was crying over the news, so I can only imagine how devastating this is for your family.

Heartfelt condolences to all your extended family, from ours.

We should totally keep cutting spending on mental illness.

And if mental illness is characterised by religious mania and excessive drug taking?

Isn’t that a symptom of the illness?

And what happens when the mentally ill refuse to take their medication because it makes them fell fuzzy. A friend of my mum’s got murdered by her son with that excuse. Her daughters repeatedly warned her not to let him in the house because he was violent.

And I’m sick of hearing that drug addicts are mentally ill. The drugs often cause the illness. I don’t know what the solution is, but being namby-pambies isn’t one of them.

If this piece of dross claims he was mentally ill, he should still be locked away for life just to protect the community. That’s the priority, not the well-being of the offender.

And his lawyer will claim that he is mentally ill and he will be detained at the governers pleasure and in 5 years time some clever ■■■■ activist psychiatrist wil claim he is no longer a danger to society and then we all know what will happen next.

That’s highly unlikely. He’ll probably end up spending the rest of his life in a facility.
Yeah, I know. Thing is though, . they had been chasing this guy for most of the day, .. he was a "Wanted" felon, . or at least suspect in a stabbing etc.

The air wing had been tracking him for quite some time, and tracked him from Yarraville, Cops gave chase & aborted earlier in the day … so my question would be, "Did the cops standing watching at Flinders St know who he was? Had they received the call on the radio that the Police force was trying to apprehend him?? If so, should they not have tried to arrest him, perhaps (dependent on reports of how dangerous he was) at gunpoint? Even shot him?

As someone said, the Vic Police had quite the record when it came to shooting people that were off their rocker, & posed perhaps much less of a threat?

Perhaps through some bad decisions from young, and or too trigger happy individuals, & the resultant bad press, they’ve gone too far in the other direction?

I’m not saying one way or the other, just throwing it up for debate, not stating an opinion btw.

Probably a bit late to the party and sorry if I have missed this, but would it have helped if the police had shot his tyres. Police are damned if they do and damned if they don’t. So much PC these days, not like in the old days, shoot first, ask questions later.

Police not shooting people erratically driving cars in heavily populated areas is political correctness? What are you on about?

The 10 year old girl who was killed is the sister of my niece's friend (both the friend and her mother are in critical condition).

Absolutely devastating :frowning:

So sorry G to your family, their family and all the friends. A difficult time and my thoughts are with you.

3 month old boy, now the fifth death.

:’(

Fark, terrible news.

the politicians who appoint milksop commissioners who refer to home invaders, thugs, drug dealers, rapists, bash merchants and murderers as "clients"

Wait, what?

Fan of Christine Nixon are you?

As horrific as this is, I hope it does not give other crazy ■■■■■■■ similar ideas.

As horrific as this is, I hope it does not give other crazy ■■■■■■■ similar ideas.

Was he just following orders or just his own twisted mind.

The Islamic State has issued a vicious and detailed call to “lone wolf” followers to stab, shoot, poison and run over Australians at iconic attractions including Bondi Beach and the MCG.

The latest exhortation from the terrorist group follows the death in Syria of convicted Australian terrorist Ezzit Raad, who was jailed in connection with the 2005 plot to blow up the MCG and features as the latest jihadist poster boy in a new magazine.

In its first edition of Rumiyah published overnight, the terrorist group calls for lone wolf attacks in Australia in a manner of detail not seen before in the group’s publications.

“Light the ground beneath them aflame and scorch them with terror,” it states, painting the attacks as the way to avenge the death of Raad"Kill them on the streets of Brunswick, Broadmeadows, Bankstown, and Bondi. Kill them at the MCG, the SCG, the Opera House, and even in their backyards.

“Stab them, shoot them, poison them, and run them down with your vehicles. Kill them wherever you find them until the hollowness of their arrogance is filled with terror and they find themselves on their knees with their backs broken under the weight of regret for having waged a war against the believers, and by Allah’s will, and then through your sacrifices, this Ummah will be victorious.”

Let’s not jump to those conclusions just yet. Please.

Let's not jump to those conclusions just yet. Please.

Did exactly the same thing as the Nice attack and several others in Israel and coming just after the arrests of 5 men for planning the Christmas Eve attacks that were to take place in St Paul’s Cathederal and Flinders Street Station, right where he was doing his wheelies.
He was also in contact with the son of Benbrika who is currently serving time for a planned attacks on Cassellton Place (which the authorities will not talk about) and the secondary target of the MCG.
Sorry if I upset you but I don’t believe in coincidences.

wowee

Did exactly the same thing as the Nice attack and several others in Israel and coming just after the arrests of 5 men for planning the Christmas Eve attacks that were to take place in St Paul’s Cathederal and Flinders Street Station, right where he was doing his wheelies.
He was also in contact with the son of Benbrika who is currently serving time for a planned attacks on Cassellton Place (which the authorities will not talk about) and the secondary target of the MCG.

I didn’t realise the nice attack involved the driver being on bail…stabbing his brother the night before…being pursued by police for 24 hours beforehand…being known to local authorities as a drug user with mental health issues…hanging donuts for a short while and taunting the public before commiting the horrible act.

Wow…your right…amazing coincidence.

The ■■■■■■ you are alluding are behind this haven’t claimed responsibility for being behind it,… as they have for all the others, … the Cops et al, all said NOT Terror related, (and they’ve made no secret of, or hidden any other Terror stuff when they found it… ) And the guy said nothing about anything like that, despite being on public display with a captivated audience to impress he’s views on for a good few minutes…

Are you saying that’s a coincedence you can’t believe?

If so, … I’d say stay away from social media & the numpty’s therein.

Oh boy. How far from having “Burke st truthers” are we?

Oh boy. How far from having "Burke st truthers" are we?

It was set up by the government to take our cars away. Man!

Bourkers?

Hi Pauline, welcome to Blitz.

You idiot

you organised this to take the focus off the afl, didn’t you?