FOOD WARS : Episode 2

I’m sensitive to gluten and really ■■■■■■ off about it, I happily ate bread for 45 years but now I can’t eat it without bad reactions. I have found that good sourdough is made such that the fermentation process breaks certain protein bonds in the gluten and makes it more easily digestable. There was a study done in Italy where ceoliac patients ate sourdough and suffered no ill effects.

I now happily eat sourdough bread without any ill effects and highly recommend the danishes from Richmond Sourdough. ■■■■■■ wish someone would make a sourdough pizza; I foolishly had one piece of pizza tonight and the acid reflux is killing me.

P.S. I fcking hate gluten free products and the posers that eat them for lifestyle or “health” reasons. I don’t want a ■■■■■■ substitute, I want the real thing or something else entirely. E.g. don’t give me gluten free weet bix, give me corn flakes.

Hey Hambo … making your own sourdough for pizzas, and or whatever else you like, is one of the simplest things you’ll ever do.

If you like, I can send you some starter from one thats been rolling all up for about 30 years, but it’s a peice of the proverbial to start your own, or just as easy to get a starter from someone local in most cases. There’s collectives and clubs all over the place these days.

I like this site in particular …

http://sourdough.com/blog/sourdom/beginners-blog-starter-scratch

And one of the thousands of sourdough pizza recipes out there, … But I can vouch for this one

There is always a line up at a little shop in Chirnside Park for their gluten free hot jam donuts on a Sat morning.

If you don’t need to eat gluten-free, then don’t bother with gluten-free.

It’s not an improvement on the real stuff, or a healthier option (unless you’re sensitive to gluten).

Although I assume every naturopath tells people they’re gluten and lactose intolerant.

Sadly, it’s not a choice for me. I’d love to be able to eat a Vic Market hot jam donut or one after the footy, but it’s just not an option. Eating gf when you are able to process gluten is unhealthy in the long run and really does stuff up your body.

There is always a line up at a little shop in Chirnside Park for their gluten free hot jam donuts on a Sat morning.

If you don’t need to eat gluten-free, then don’t bother with gluten-free.

It’s not an improvement on the real stuff, or a healthier option (unless you’re sensitive to gluten).

Although I assume every naturopath tells people they’re gluten and lactose intolerant.

But it’s free! That’s prolly why so many people were lining up.