Footy journos hold popularity contest

If Rance had 124 goals kicked on him, gave away the most free kicks of any player in AFL history, punched an umpire, bit an opposition supporter on the face, failed six drug tests and only played four games for the year, they’d still have him on the bench.

As opposed to Rance, who plays the same role doesn’t he?

In all seriousness, all the club coaches should nominate a certain number of players according to roles eg 3 small forwards, 3 tall forwwards etc and pick the side that way.

How the hell can someone like luke darcy have a vote. The selextion panel meetings would just consist of kb talking over everybody and shoving his thoughts down their throats.

Danny frawley would advocate picking 22 defenders.

Cameron ling would lobby the case for his geelong mates and glenn jackovich would select inly players plying their trade west of adelaide.

Gillon would attend meetings with a predertumed team in mind and ask his.minions to remove stats that didn’t suit support his selections. Mark evans would just support gillon.

Warren tredrea would most likely take minutes.

11 Likes

How the fark is Evans on that panel after becoming employed by a football club.

3 Likes

Joe should make the final squad. To finish 4th in goal kicking only 6 off the top, whilst spending time rucking is massive. If they are truly selecting the final squad based on a team, he has to make it because the modern game only has one ruckman then a punch hitter. He is ideal for this.

Franklin and Kennedy are in but Walker, Brown and Lynch are behind Joe in my opinion.

Reckon Merrett will miss out although his last game will be fresh in the selectors minds.

Hurley has to make it, absolute nonsense if he misses.

1 Like

There’s no conflict of interest there because gc don’t have anyone that qualifies. The AA selection rules state that you need to be able to football at least a little bit to be eligible.

Think Joe D will get in because he is the relief ruck - Usually the AA team has three tall forwards.

Doesn’t play for Essendon though.

Ah of course, silly me :upside_down_face:

Is this the event being held tonight?

Yes

FB: Hibberd Rance McGovern

HB: Laird HURLS Docherty

2 Likes

Imagine I went to the effort of digging up all the “Pig’s a one sided hack who’s been found out at AFL level” sour grapes posts from last year. Normally I would but they were idiots at the time, and still are.

1 Like

Zach named on the wing!

Rance as captain! Just farking lol…