Footy Kids Primary School Books

Hey guys does anyone remember the old Footy Kids books that they used to have at Primary School libraries?

I came across a North Melbourne one from 1982 on eBay, so I bought it for older brother, as he’s a North supporter.

So it came in the mail yesterday and I got all pumped and pulled my 1996 Footy Kids ‘Carn The Bombers’ book out of a storage box.

I’m going to scan them so they can be read on the iPad, would anyone be interested in a copy?

Also, guys, still after G.Wanganeen newspaper clippings, badges, stickers, photos, etc if anyone can help.

Hope you’re all well

Tim

Hey Matt! I just passed on the cutout to Gav back in 2011, I think a month or so after my wedding.

I’m still trying to track a heap of stuff down for him.

Thanks for you help mate!

Can you send me your email too please DM is fine.

I've got one of those books. (Carn' the Bombers.) Was there only one - ie. one story, or a series? 

Our school was so poor we couldn’t afford books so we used the local graffiti to learn to read. I thought all words had only four letters!

Ok guys I made up the PDF and cleaned it up. Here's the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B55nEG15oY7xRFQxeWRKTzM3UjQ/edit?usp=sharing

I reckon my Mum still would have the 80s version from when I was a kid, with TD in it.

Is this the one with drawings of cobwebs on Fish lining up for goal?

I think mine's packed away now.

Is this the one with drawings of cobwebs on Fish lining up for goal?

Yep, it's the one!

I've got one of those books. (Carn' the Bombers.) Was there only one - ie. one story, or a series?

I know they've had at leave one series of VFL and two series the AFL ones. I'll borrow a copy of the newest Dons book and do another PDF

I reckon my Mum still would have the 80s version from when I was a kid, with TD in it.

Saying something along the lines of "Ho-hum another goal." I reckon that might be floating around somewhere in a box at the parent's place. It was done in '84 I'd say as there is mention of how we made the GF the year before and lost.

Ok guys I made up the PDF and cleaned it up. Here's the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B55nEG15oY7xRFQxeWRKTzM3UjQ/edit?usp=sharing

I think this may have been a newer series of these books I used to borrow at school. They were small square books, one for each team, they were ■■■■■■ old though, but I cannot find a picture online. I remember I used to borrow them all the time, however being a child in the 90's in the Essendon area the dons one was rarely available.

The one I had was from 1981 I think. Had Merv Neagle, Ron Andrews and I think it even had Crackers Keenan in it. Loved it!

I remember TD leaning against the goal post, kicking through another (the kid says he got 7 in a game once, or something like that). It also had Neagle crashing into the fence and blood everywhere. Awesome books!

those 80's ones where awesome.

serious tears at library if booked out.

The one i had had both Justin and Simon Madden in it.

So it must be pre 1983.

The one i had had both Justin and Simon Madden in it.

So it must be pre 1983.

That's the one I had. I was thinking 1981 but might be 1982.

There was some similar ones when I was at primary school, might have come out 2003ish? Used to hire the Essendon one out of the library every week, think they had to get 10 copies of the Essendon one to meet the demand!