Footy on TV: Do you do anything unusual while watching?

Friday Night footy was one of my great enjoyments after a long hard week.  

Some years the Bombers were a regular on Friday nights .  

Sit on the couch and enter control freak mode,  seize the remote from the wife and tell her,  no reality TV shows for you tonight , Dear.

Out with a stella or heine   six pack and a packet of chips and either celebrate or have a rotten weekend,  which ever way the game went.

None of that is unusual:   Its what I used to do during the play that had my family laughing and ribbing me no end. Whenever a Bomber player got the ball and was about to kick,  my right leg would go into involuntary kicking motions.  I was out there and I was kickin that ball !     The fam would bring this to my attention every now and again.   I never really was aware that I was doing it !!

So.... anyone else have that reaction,  or something else,  maybe,  like beating up the mother in law if the Bombers were losing,  or swatting flies as if they were Carlton players?.   

Im a demon on supercoach scores.

I confess to some "Magical thinking" when we have been taking shots for goal over the last few terribly inaccurate years.

Things like lining it up in my mind & sending good "through the centre" visualisation energy to the kicker.

Leaning like the kicker would, trying to bring it round etc .. but I do that in the crowd at a game too.

It's an unconscious remnant of my playing days at CHF. Did it then like many do,  .. can't help it now.

I normally watch the TV from about 200 metres away outside at the MCG

*only for replays

I cover myself in baby oil with a bucket of duck feathers.

Every time we score a goal or get a possession I apply a feather.

I hope to look like a duck by games end.

when opposition are kicking for goal I totally try and put the opposition kicker off by coughing, even when watching a replay.

My wife wont sit next to me during a game due to random body twists and leg kicks,  and jumping up with no warning to yell at the TV

Once , shortly after out first child arrived home,  i was watching a game on the couch. Baby was on a floor rug not far from me. Something happened that I didnt like and I jumped up and yelled at the TV. My dog who hates any type of loud yelling ,  came flying down the hallway, launched over a large leather chaise and bit my arm and took me to the ground. 

If not a duck ... a goose, at the very least I suspect :D

Only thing I do is if we kick a goal, pump out 20 push ups.

I never eat curry in front of a TV game (yes, this DOES count as unusual behaviour for me!)

I got serious about curry cooking in 2006, ate one in front of pretty much every night game.  After that year, I decided it was cursed.

when opposition are kicking for goal I totally try and put the opposition kicker off by coughing, even when watching a replay.

My wife wont sit next to me during a game due to random body twists and leg kicks,  and jumping up with no warning to yell at the TV

Once , shortly after out first child arrived home,  i was watching a game on the couch. Baby was on a floor rug not far from me. Something happened that I didnt like and I jumped up and yelled at the TV. My dog who hates any type of loud yelling ,  came flying down the hallway, launched over a large leather chaise and bit my arm and took me to the ground. 

Athletic, gutsy, hard at the man pooch .. WSPHU!

sometimes i say point point point, when the opposition are lining up at a set shot at goal.

or i wish x opposition player (whos tearing us apart)  does a hammy.

sometimes i pump out ten pushups per goal, if im only one watching.

then in the last ten minutes when the games within a goal, i get nervous and stand up and celebrate every goal home.

when drinking a few bevvies sprint to the toilet in between goals.

You are all mental

Well I guess we all have to get our jollies somehow !

And I thought it was only me!

I add a touch of sado-masochism to my normal nightly TV-viewing masturbation ritual.

But I don't do anything unusual, no.

I don't care where I am when I watch other clubs but I can only watch Essendon games at home by myself.  I cannot bear teasing or ill-informed commentary from non believers.

I use the mute button often when BT is commentating. I'm not sure if that counts as unusual though.

I go full 75% ape just when watching replays…

I add a touch of sado-masochism to my normal nightly TV-viewing masturbation ritual.
But I don't do anything unusual, no.

That old chestnut

Apart from yelling and ranting like a friggin maniac, the only unusual thing I do is when we are losing.

I turn the TV off, pour (another) bourbon, roll up a smoke, and go sit outside for ten minutes, and think about anything else but footy.

It’s amazing how many times this gets us back into games.