Footy violence

Kid put in hospital yesterday after being slugged on the field Anyone still think hitting someone is ok?

Pretty sure no one thinks punching on during non-combat sport is ok.

Kid put in hospital yesterday after being slugged on the field Anyone still think hitting someone is ok?

its more bacchus coming off as a right bellend.

Except Ice Hockey where its encouraged to drop the gloves and belt the suitcases out of each other

its more bacchus coming off as a right bellend.

So I am a w anker because I reckon punching someone in the head is just wrong.

I played enough senior footy to see what happens both on and off the field, and footy is a tough game, but not for snipers like Yarran. Him and Chappy were having a push and shove, and whack. Lucky he didn’t kill him. We have massive issues in our society with domestic violence, and that is what it is all about, a partner usually male thinking it is OK to punch their partner usually female about the face. Applauding real life examples in AFL is just dumb, and if that makes me a w anker , well I will wear it.

Or Clarkson wacking a guy who was teasing him. Clarkson has a short fuse, gets physical, and needs to watch it.

Drunken idiot yes, but he should’ve kept his hands to himself. I wonder how he would’ve coped with reporters out the front of his home every morning for a year, and also when you’re getting in the car to drive home from training…

Well all i’ve learnt from the media today is that violence is the answer when opposition fans are gloating.

Disgraceful, Clarkson should be condemned for lashing out.

Just posted an extract of his interview in the Hawthorn thread:

http://bomberblitz.com/discussion/discussion/2349/season-2015-hawthorn/p3

Well all i've learnt from the media today is that violence is the answer when opposition fans are gloating.

Complete agree. His excuse was horrible and insincere.

Well all i've learnt from the media today is that violence is the answer when opposition fans are gloating.

So how would you react walking back to your hotel and being harrased for some distance by drunken louts who just jept getting more and more intrusive to the point you were feeling threatened? Would you just stand there and cop it or would shove out at the person to push them away?

Sure, Clarkson is no saint but seriously he has the right to walk to his hotel without being confronted by drunken idiots who were looking for trouble. I am with Lethal on this one.

So how would you react walking back to your hotel and being harrased for some distance by drunken louts who just jept getting more and more intrusive to the point you were feeling threatened? Would you just stand there and cop it or would shove out at the person to push them away?

Sure, Clarkson is no saint but seriously he has the right to walk to his hotel without being confronted by drunken idiots who were looking for trouble. I am with Lethal on this one.

You are an idiot

Hitting someone for running their mouth is Neanderthal behaviour

I probably wouldn’t react to feeling threatened by a bunch of drunken louts who outnumbered me by shoving/hitting one of them. Then again I tend to avoid fights I can’t win, which is to say all fights.

Anyway, I think both sides are in the wrong. Coaches (anybody really) shouldn’t have to deal with that sort of ■■■■, but Clarkson’s response to it was pretty poor.

You are an idiot

Actually we all know that you’re the idiot but if it makes you feel better to say I am, go for it with your full heart. Say it after every post of mine.

Agree. Ive mellowed a fair bit with age but probably would react similar to Clarko

I would have walked as quickly as possible and got inside the hotel. Violence doesn’t solve anything. Dog act by Clarkson as a high profile member of the public.

You are an idiot

Actually we all know that you’re the idiot but if it makes you feel better to say I am, go for it with your full heart. Say it after every post of mine.

So you think people are justified in using violence towards someone who is “mouthy”?

Idiot

By not punching them?
Seriously this attitude that “he was mouthing off = he deserved to get hit” is all a bit grade 5.

No one deserves to have idiots get in their face but if every one responded with a fist there’d be a thousand arrests every footy game.

There are better ways to deal with it.

By not punching them?
Seriously this attitude that “he was mouthing off = he deserved to get hit” is all a bit grade 5.

No one deserves to have idiots get in their face but if every one responded with a fist there’d be a thousand arrests every footy game.

There are better ways to deal with it.

well considering he DIDN’T punch him then I think your argument falls down. A forceful grab to the chest/throat region is vastly different to a punch to the head.

You are an idiot

So you think people are justified in using violence towards someone who is “mouthy”?

Idiot

You can’t call some one an idiot because they have an opinion different from your own. A wanker he might be, but Clarko had every right to drop that bloke like a bag of sh*t.

You are an idiot

Idiot

You can’t call some one an idiot because they have an opinion different from your own. A wanker he might be, but Clarko had every right to drop that bloke like a bag of sh*t.

He had no right to punch him at all.