Formal occasions

After this episode, it should make it all the more easier for you to politely decline the next invite.

I have a thing about kids being invited to things, particularly weddings. My position is if you are going to invite me, my kids should be welcome too. If you limit that, don’t be dissapointed if I don’t rock up.

I have no issue with people setting whatever limitations they like on events. They are free to set them and guests are free to choose to attend or not. If I accept though, I should respect their wishes as most people here are right in saying.

My problems started after declining to attend. The bad mouthing behind our backs was outrageous. Fark people like that.

Are you Italian, or otherwise European?

My parents, whenever they went to a wedding, used to complain about the Italians always insisting on bringing their kids, even if not invited. To me, only kids in the immediate families would be invited . Definitely not an Anglo-Celtic custom to include kids.

What are you wearing right now?

Underpants and a compression top

I don't let anyone else dictate how I should dress, unless they're paying me to represent them. Nor do I particularly care for the opinion of anyone who is upset by things that don't affect them or anyone else, which includes what other people choose to wear.

It’s just a bit of basic respect.
But maybe you’re too cool for that.

You’ve met me. Was cool the first thing that struck you

After this episode, it should make it all the more easier for you to politely decline the next invite.

I have a thing about kids being invited to things, particularly weddings. My position is if you are going to invite me, my kids should be welcome too. If you limit that, don’t be dissapointed if I don’t rock up.

I have no issue with people setting whatever limitations they like on events. They are free to set them and guests are free to choose to attend or not. If I accept though, I should respect their wishes as most people here are right in saying.

My problems started after declining to attend. The bad mouthing behind our backs was outrageous. Fark people like that.

The ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ fight I got into because I didn’t invite a cousins daughters flavour of the month to our wedding. And they ■■■■■■■ broke up 3 weeks later anyway.

■■■■■

And the family still don’t talk to me. Not that I give a ■■■■ because they are fark carlton supporters anyway but ■■■■ them

Blitz is my real family. And Tasmanians love family.

Are you a Tasmanian ?

Well, if you are, then that explains a great deal from your post.

Out of all the times you’ve been married which was your most formalist

I don't let anyone else dictate how I should dress, unless they're paying me to represent them. Nor do I particularly care for the opinion of anyone who is upset by things that don't affect them or anyone else, which includes what other people choose to wear.

It’s just a bit of basic respect.
But maybe you’re too cool for that.

You’ve met me. Was cool the first thing that struck you

Mate, you are cooler than Deckham handling Joe Camilleri’s pink sax.

Sunnies lowering in 3, 2…

You wear underpants?

kids are ■■■■ at weddings anway.

They don’t appreciate the occasion, they cost the family of the bride money and they’re PITFAs, running around when the parents are trying to enjoy themselves.

If the kids aren’t invited, their parents have absolutely no right to insist on bringing them.

If it’s a Skip wedding, don’t bring the little gobshites.

You wear underpants?

Untill I need to wipe dishes

If you're at a wedding and they're paying for you you wear what they ask.

That’s different to what cul de sac said.* More anarchists on blitz I say!

*Edit: Sorry Megz, I misunderstood your point.

How old are you ?

With an attitude like that I will surprised if you reach 16.

It’s not about age, it’s about an anarchic disposition. The irony is that anarchists pay more respect to others than conservatives do.

What about in those cultures where the bride is 9 years old?

What about in those cultures where the bride is 9 years old?

worst weddings ever

Blitz is my real family. And Tasmanians love family.

Are you a Tasmanian ?

Well, if you are, then that explains a great deal from your post.

Out of all the times you’ve been married which was your most formalist

Well, seeing you asked …

First time was the fully Monty. Bluestone Catholic Church in East St Kilda, 5 bridesmaids and corresponding groomsmen, very formal grey suits with tails and bow ties.
Nearly 200 guests, reception at some swanky joint in Brighton. Grand final day 1975. Kangas smashed Hawthorn, could hear the radios going in the Church during the nuptial mass !

Second time in a park in Mt Waverley with a Celebrant. Only Family and a few close friends. Dress suits, but nothing formal. It was brides 21st birthday party that night at her parents house and we sprung the wedding on all the rest of friends and relatives by pinning the marriage certificate on the front door.

Third time was at a beautiful sandstone Uniting Church up where I live with views of Melbourne and Geelong. Formal dress for everyone, only about 20 guests, few family mostly close friends. Large marquee at our home and had a chef and all the trimmings. Posh food, great booze and wonderful music from some old rock gods.

Next time, I am eloping.

Not having a wedding, it’s gonna be mad.

Kids at weddings are the worst.

I agree that very little kids should be part of the invite (like breastfeeding stage), but older ones, no way.

Kids at weddings are the worst.

I agree that very little kids should be part of the invite (like breastfeeding stage), but older ones, no way.

What about when they belong to the bride ?

Not having a wedding, it's gonna be mad.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh…(gasps for breath & does sign of the cross) You’re out of the family!!! :smiley: