Formal occasions

Kids at weddings are the worst.

I agree that very little kids should be part of the invite (like breastfeeding stage), but older ones, no way.

What about when they belong to the bride ?

Even worse!

What are you wearing right now?

Underpants and a compression top

You wear underpants?
Well it is formal, on Blitz isn't it ?

Oh I have an example with photos.

So here is the aunt looking after one of the kids;

Here is the bride and groom with some relatives;

And this, well it’s neat and tidy I suppose and sort of looks formal;

Maybe the invitation said suit, kimono or formal punk.

I don't let anyone else dictate how I should dress, unless they're paying me to represent them. Nor do I particularly care for the opinion of anyone who is upset by things that don't affect them or anyone else, which includes what other people choose to wear.

How old are you ?

With an attitude like that I will surprised if you reach 16.

It’s not about age, it’s about an anarchic disposition. The irony is that anarchists pay more respect to others than conservatives do.

Exactly. Worry about the things that truly matter, like how you actually treat people, instead of peripheral irrelevances like appearances. I honestly feel sad for people who have their priorities so backwards; life is hard enough without worrying about extra layers of social expectation and stigma.

and FYI, I’ve more than doubled my ‘life expectancy’, and never had anyone take notable issue with my appearance, except maybe not getting into a bar or club that I wasn’t particularly keen on anyway once or twice because I didn’t have the right shoes or something. I’ve certainly never lost work or lost face at a social event.

Weddings are rubbish

Weddings are rubbish

No, no, no !!!

Weddings are great, I love weddings.

Marriage is rubbish

Weddings are rubbish

No, no, no !!!

Weddings are great, I love weddings.

Marriage is rubbish

I’m the exact opposite.

I got married in that small Chapel on top of the hill at Hamilton Island.

Would recommend B)

Chapel? I thought it was a toilet block.

Chapel? I thought it was a toilet block.
One man's trash...

Tell you what, this whole dress ups business has exposed me to the world of charity shops. Utter bargains esp clothes. Just no bow ties.

I don’t mind dressing up for weddings or formal events, I don’t do church weddings whatsoever though. Quite happy for the wife to attend those on her own

I’ve just been the MC at a funeral, while wearing white shorts and a long sleeved blue shirt. No tie, or jacket. Black shoes. My attire passed without comment.