Former #17 James Stewart

One of the worst individual performances i have ever seen from an essendon player tonight.

Definitely in my top 5.
Herny Slattery would be up there too.

Must say, that was a soft-ish performance tonight.

He gets another game against his old side, but he’ll be out if he plays like he did tonight.

1 Like

Hard to understand how anyone can give any of our forwards any lip when the inside fifty count was double their way, as well as time spent in half, had about 5 opportunities in the game, and used one to kick a goal

I wouldn’t even have him as the worst performed forward, let alone the worst performed player, let alone the worst individual performance of all time.

12 Likes

Bad game. Maybe a very bad game. He’s allowed one though. He’ll be better as long as he learns from it.

It’s kind of hard to be that harsh on him yeah??

Geez the ball went in there about 5 times cut him some slack!!

I wouldn’t drop him, I think he is a big reason we beat Geel and WC.

Would have been so easy being a forward tonight…can’t believe he didn’t kick 5…

Had a dirty night, not entirely his fault though. Still offers us more than any other 3rd tall on our list. Can’t drop him after 1 bad game, he’ll be fine

Wasn’t even in our 5 worst tonight!
He wasn’t great tonight but no Robinson Crusoe

1 Like

He had a pretty poor game last week too - just went un-noticed due to us having a big win. But was poor.

Hooker deserves a bit of lip, he was very average

1 Like

Didn’t think he was that bad considering how poor the service was that he kept receiving all game long.

He is definately worth persisting with this year.

Starved of opportunities, but it’d be nice if he stuck the dukes out rather than trying to take it on the ti.ts.

Def stays in the team. Was nowhere near as bad as hooker or tippa actually.
Lot of guys got shown what a big stage and big opposition pressure was today. Hope they learn from it as they were pretty poor.

Can someone please teach him how to use his body in a marking contest, might as well be 180cms the way he plays

e.g. protect the drop of the ball, work his man under the ball, hold his position, keep his eyes on the ball, bump his opponent at the right time, change from in front to from behind etc… So much to work on

3 Likes

He is the biggest crumbling forward I’ve ever seen.

Was he caught high near the end there? Could’ve been lining up to make the finish very interesting.

He wasn’t great, he wasn’t dropworthy.

3 Likes

Actually a solid contributor and really important to our structure last week.

Was definitely caught high and had holding the ball paid against.

4 Likes

Another one of our big guys with barely any strength for his size. The other ones being hartley and brown.

Jeez you must be a young bloke. And a “Herny” Slattery would definitely be up.