Former #19 - Shaunye

My mate told me he heard an interview with Woosha this morning where Woosh said Shaun would be given 4 games to work his way into senior footy so that he’s not cast aside by one or two hot and cold performances. Seems like he did a similar thing with McKenna. Is that right, did anyone else hear it?

He’s the CHF we’ve been crying out for since Davey.

I hope that is correct but I wish that was afforded to all players.

Jerret had one bad game and was dumped and hasn’t been seen since.

1 Like

He’s no good. Simple. Zero effect in the game as usual.

I didn’t see anything

I certainly hope he gets another 3 weeks regardless of form.

Jerrett has a contract next year so a decision doesn’t have to be made on him.

Look Jerret will probably get a game this week but if you reckon he has only played one bad game out of 46 then you haven’t been watching properly. I reckon he has been a good ordinary player in the majority of his games - Ricky Dyson or Marc Bullen like.

I thought Edwards showed a bit against Richmond. I know he didn’t do enough…but he was closer, and I’d be happy to give him another 3 games, especially since we’re in the position we are in.

Early in the last when we were having a run at them there was a ball up 10 metres from our goal. I happened to glance at him and he wasnt even concentrating or looking at the ball up. He was just walking and gave a half shove off of his opponent and moved to a nothing area once play had started again a second or so later. Dont know if he knows what his role is. Id have thought it should be THE (they all should act this way 10 metres out from goal but him in particular) guy in that situation to be providing the goal or at least looking for any option to get in amongst it. Fully watching, fully scheming and assesing gaps he could move to. You compare that to the manic craze that Parish hits the same situation with and it says a fair bit.

Not so> Jerrett has run hot and cold for his entire career. Make that tepid.

As usual, did not a lot of note, and spectated a lot, but if we are making a decision on his future it would seem fair to give him a few games to settle in and adapt to the faster game. Hopefully he will surprise us. The talent is definitely there, it’s the bit between the ears that’s holding him back. Give him a run and cross the fingers.

Didn’t set world on fire but will get more games. Only missed that snap in the first few minutes by two metres. Think Woosha tends to give players 2 to 3 games before sending them back.

Didn’t handball to tippa when he ran past. Delist.

Didn’t shepherd for Goddard in one piece of play which saw Goddard’s kick get smothered.

I’m unconvinced, too often see him loitering around flat footed. I’m ok for him to get another few games to prove himself because his upside is enormous and this we can afford to do that, but I think he needs to do a lot more to be a regular feature of the team.

Didn't handball to tippa when he ran past. Delist.

He didn’t and we would all have liked him too, and obviously you’re joking, but I didn’t mind that he took the responsibility to move it decisively and quickly into the forward line himself.

One thing is for sure. If he gets dropped between now and the end of the season, it’s career over.
It’s his last chance and surely he must know it.

Didn't shepherd for Goddard in one piece of play which saw Goddard's kick get smothered.
That play reminded me of Under 10s where the stands 1 meter in front of their teammate demanding the ball, where they aren't old enough to know to either block for the kid with the ball or make space to receive it!

Edwards is exactly the type of player we require, he is just a poor mans version of that player

Jerrett has had 3 years of mostly woeful games. Cant believe he has been gifted the amount of games he has.

Would love to have seen SHAUNYE being given even half of those same opportunities.

If he doesnt get more chances this year then what the hell did we draft him for in the first place.

As usual, did not a lot of note, and spectated a lot, but if we are making a decision on his future it would seem fair to give him a few games to settle in and adapt to the faster game. Hopefully he will surprise us. The talent is definitely there, it's the bit between the ears that's holding him back. Give him a run and cross the fingers.

Cupido - like in my opinion.