Former #19 - Shaunye

Stick a folk in him.

I was so excited when we got gws priority draft kids.
Probably not as excited as gws was when they got rid of them however.

Letā€™s call a spade a spade.

Once he got his 3 week stint in the 1ā€™s, and was subsequently dropped, he was going to have to put together a very solid patch of games in the VFL even to be considered again for Senior duties.

With Langford, Laverde, Francis all on the cusp of selection, and Ashby getting his opportunity now, realistically what chance does Edwards have of a recall ?

Today was not a good day for him !

If weā€™re calling a spade a spade, heā€™s got the same chance as Kommer of being on the list next year.

When it comes to Shredz, or any of our indigi boys, that is probably a very poor choice of words ā€¦

When it comes to Shredz, or any of our indigi boys, that is probably a very poor choice of words ....

So, I was not aware that the saying ā€œcall a spade a spadeā€ had a racial history.

I would hope that Blitzers would take it in the context it was meant.

Iā€™m writing a facebook post demanding your resignation, and saying anyone who disagrees isnā€™t human.

'

Never understood why Mods let Blitz bag players who are clearly struggling. Anyway IMHO any thread which becomes a forum for cheap uninformed shots as opposed to supposedly constructive analysis should be shut down. Life is too short for cheap shot artists. Admittedly they shouldnā€™t but players do read this crap.

compared to the bolton/henno days this is no where near bagging.

I think enkiā€™s post is about the only one that is close to bagging and even then itā€™s a stretch.
Iā€™ve been one of his biggest supporters on here and asked for him to get a fair go, but tbh heā€™s done, he wonā€™t be on our list next season, and like it or not plently of people can see it, and arenā€™t scared or afraid to say it.
itā€™s not bagging a player to say that, itā€™s simply stating the most likely outcome based on output over his time in the afl system.

Not quite Stokes level of cooked, but pretty damn well done.

shat the bed today.

If we're calling a spade a spade, he's got the same chance as Kommer of being on the list next year.

Agreed.

He is playing like a bloke who has the pressure of the world on his shoulders at the moment.

Heā€™d know his career is on the borderline, that he needs to start ticking boxes to stay an AFL listed player etc; and I thought his work rate and effort was pretty good. His forward pressure was excellent in patches, he ran and broke lines a few times.

But he is overthinking his disposal. A confident Shaun Edwards would not handball 20m directly in front, heā€™d go back and slot it. He needs to just start playing on instinct again is all.

Would love kommer to stay and play vfl. Offers a lot of direction on the field and bench.

He is playing like a bloke who has the pressure of the world on his shoulders at the moment.

Heā€™d know his career is on the borderline, that he needs to start ticking boxes to stay an AFL listed player etc; and I thought his work rate and effort was pretty good. His forward pressure was excellent in patches, he ran and broke lines a few times.

But he is overthinking his disposal. A confident Shaun Edwards would not handball 20m directly in front, heā€™d go back and slot it. He needs to just start playing on instinct again is all.

We technically could put him back onto the rookie list for a year & give him a bit more time ā€¦ he has seemed close at times. Maybe a bit longer to learn all the ropes will get him there?

Papers stamped.

Watched a fair few live Afl and VFL games last year

Thought Edwards had a ton of talent
Thought Hepp A would make a better than average barman

One of these two wants it so badly heā€™s put in a ton of extra effort in his own time to get the absolute best out of himself

Desire is everything

Spade is an American term. Never heard it used here. We already had enough offensive terms.

Putting aside those brain fades, which arenā€™t typical of him, I think his disposal is his biggest barrier to AFL footy. He just sprays it consistently.

Would love kommer to stay and play vfl. Offers a lot of direction on the field and bench.

The Stokes role?

He is gone at seasons end.