Former #19 - Shaunye

See ya

Delist and draft Aaron Heppell. Really been enjoying watching him in the VFL this year.

What have you done with the real shauny-e?!

stallion watches masterchef. Verified statement.

Wouldn’t be too surprised if he was george.

Can we swap his spot for Hep A?

No love for Shaunye… had to go back 6 pages to find this. No contract for next season.

Club Statement

Essendon would like to thank Shaun Edwards for his dedication and professionalism during his three seasons at the Club.
Edwards was today informed his contract would not be extended next season.
General Manager – Football, Rob Kerr, thanked the 22-year-old for his commitment and service since arriving at the Club.
“Shaun is a wonderful young man who was not only committed to the performance and success of the Club, but also showed great leadership with his work in the community as recognised by his Bill Hutchison Community Award this year,” Kerr said.
“Shaun is a great role model who constantly strives to make a difference both on and off the field.
“He is well respected by his teammates and will always be welcome at Essendon. On behalf of everyone at the Club we wish him all the very best for his future.”
Edwards was traded to the Club at the end of 2013. He made his debut with the Bombers in Round 11, 2015 against West Coast and went on to play 12 games in the red and black.

WHO’S NEXT

The right call unfortunately

Had the tools, could never put it together. It was never a question of ability and that’s the worst part

Got longer than he deserved.

Put him in the pile of people with the talent but no drive.

Could have, and should have… But didn’t.

He was a fun cult figure though. All the best to him.

WHO'S NEXT

‘Komzy’

Sorry that we didn’t see you bring all that talent together in the AFL Shred. I reckon we saw progress, but we had to run out of patience at some point.

I would love to see Shred stay in the VFL side, and if he developed consistency at that level then another chance might come, he’s only 22 and some maturity might get him there. We know he can tear it up in the VFL.

GOOSESTEP

Seriously, if he actually tried he could of been a successful player. What a fkn waste

I can see what’s happening here. Ashby first then Edwards. It’s alphabetical.

Seems Eades is safe. Hams next.

No surprised but not happy about this. I think his form in the VFL especially in the finals showed a real step forward. He is only 22, and some guys need a bit longer to develop. I hope there is a chance to rookie him if no one else takes him.

The right call unfortunately

Had the tools, could never put it together. It was never a question of ability and that’s the worst part

Yep. Reminded me of Cupido in that respect.

SHAUNYE

No surprised but not happy about this. I think his form in the VFL especially in the finals showed a real step forward. He is only 22, and some guys need a bit longer to develop. I hope there is a chance to rookie him if no one else takes him.

… that’s worked well in the past

Had skills. I just reckon he didn’t have footy smarts