Former #19 - Shaunye

Didn't shepherd for Goddard in one piece of play which saw Goddard's kick get smothered.

I’m unconvinced, too often see him loitering around flat footed. I’m ok for him to get another few games to prove himself because his upside is enormous and this we can afford to do that, but I think he needs to do a lot more to be a regular feature of the team.

I reckon there is only about 4 guys in our team that actively try to shepherd, the rest just look for the easy handball to the side, so he is certainly not on his own there.

Had a quite a game, but give him 3 more and see what he can produce.

I hope that is correct but I wish that was afforded to all players.

Jerret had one bad game and was dumped and hasn’t been seen since.

Look Jerret will probably get a game this week but if you reckon he has only played one bad game out of 46 then you haven’t been watching properly. I reckon he has been a good ordinary player in the majority of his games - Ricky Dyson or Marc Bullen like.
My comment was based on his form this year rather than previous years.

I don’t get the criticism. I thought he did OK for his first game for the year. Clean in places, tried to take it on, probably needs to get involved more. Another few weeks please.

I don't get the criticism. I thought he did OK for his first game for the year. Clean in places, tried to take it on, probably needs to get involved more. Another few weeks please.

Agree he should get some more time , but is playing for his career in imho.

Two With Sauce: Traded for, not drafted.

Jerrett’s effort levels are probably a significant degree more consistent across training and games historically. That would be my perception of the difference between the two. Observed from afar of course.

Inside work / quick hands was actually ok, i thought. Didnt get it on the outside for run/carry too much though. Keep him in, mainly on the wing, allow a definitive answer to be found by years end. No brainer for Subiaco at least.

Didn't shepherd for Goddard in one piece of play which saw Goddard's kick get smothered.
That play reminded me of Under 10s where the stands 1 meter in front of their teammate demanding the ball, where they aren't old enough to know to either block for the kid with the ball or make space to receive it!

Edwards is exactly the type of player we require, he is just a poor mans version of that player

Christ, we’re picking on him for not shepherding now? Who do we have other than maybe Ambrose that actually shepherds occasionally? It’s an issue with most of our list.

I thought Edwards tried to take the first option a lot more last night and was competitive enough. Nothing special, but worth persisting with. The last think we need is another half back flanker, but I think he’d be good in that role.

As usual, did not a lot of note, and spectated a lot, but if we are making a decision on his future it would seem fair to give him a few games to settle in and adapt to the faster game. Hopefully he will surprise us. The talent is definitely there, it's the bit between the ears that's holding him back. Give him a run and cross the fingers.

Cupido - like in my opinion.

Edwards as talented as he is has never risen to the heights of Cupido. And nor is he at the level Cupido was.

If Shaune reaches the level that Cupido did, then displays the laconic, disinterested and lazy form Cupido displayed after only then can we compare the two.

Cupido is up there with Lovett as wasted talents.

Not so> Jerrett has run hot and cold for his entire career. Make that tepid.

Jerrett was fine until he was injured. Then he came back with no confidence after little brother had taken his spot.
Edwards looks like either he doesn’t know what his role is, or else he expects others to get the ball and give it to him. Not sure. But if he has the skills that everyone says he does then he needs a few weeks opportunity to show what he can do.

Was watching him a bit, seemed fine and actually looked decent on the inside, but got absolutely no outside run. Had 14 possessions and 6 of them were contested. His hands in close were exceptional.

Considering McKenna was getting games off 2 possessions I think it’s fair that he gets another 3 games or so.

I reckon he has been a good ordinary player in the majority of his games - Ricky Dyson or Marc Bullen like.

Ricky Dyson was twice the player Marc Bullen was. Always thought he was pretty handy and generally underrated. Plus that goal on ANZAC Day alone should get him life membership.

I’d locked Shaunye in for delisting after his first 5 or so games this year, hoped I’d be eating my words after his last few in the VFL which were much stronger. Hardly noticed last night but might as well pump games into him for the rest of the year ahead of Crowley, Polkinghorne and co and see what he’s made of.

Inside work / quick hands was actually ok, i thought. Didnt get it on the outside for run/carry too much though. Keep him in, mainly on the wing, allow a definitive answer to be found by years end. No brainer for Subiaco at least.

Yep, actually does his best work in congestion.

I don’t reckon he’s a forward.

I don’t reckon he’s a forward.

There may not be anyone on the Essendon list that is

By all means, give him 3 or 4 games, but last night I barely noticed him. Tick tock.

Showed way more than Irish and Redman in their games.

ones a first year player ones a dude from ireland

he HAS to show more than these two, not an option

Edwards is in his 5th year, with no contract. The expectations and requirements are much higher. NOB in a similar position last year did more and didn’t save his career. Edwards should and presumably will get more games to prove himself, but he has a lot to do in a short period.

I was a fan of his work in close

He should be showing more than Irish he only picked up a footy 2 years ago… Fact is he is lazy and not afl standard and will not be on the list next year

I didn’t realise he was in his fifth year. Crikey, best get his skates on if he wants a career.