Former #19 - Shaunye

Sack Dodoro

Both Edwards and Aylett gone.

How could he not do better with pick 48!

https://twitter.com/triplemfooty/status/777779419322527744

Yes hes a very small forward at 189cm

BREAKING!

Do we photoshop this one with Ambrose or NLM?

Just give us a list of delistings please...no need for this crap.

Why is it crap? Take the time to have respectful discussions with each player and probably give them time to tell their family/friends first… it’s better than rushing in to delist them all a day after our last game

Thanks for your efforts Edwards. Hope you enjoyed it here more than in NSW.

No surprised but not happy about this. I think his form in the VFL especially in the finals showed a real step forward. He is only 22, and some guys need a bit longer to develop. I hope there is a chance to rookie him if no one else takes him.

… that’s worked well in the past

who are you talking about?
Hams?

Neagle, A Long, Hams, T Slattery. Maybe some others?

Edwards’ trade partner Kurt Aylett also.

But in all honesty you could have just said everyone we’ve ever done it with and probably been right, even if there is an exception. It doesn’t work and isn’t worth the time. If you delist a player move on and take a hit at another borderline talent.

Shame, he was so talented but that doesn’t always translate to making it. All the best shaunye

I can see what's happening here. Ashby first then Edwards. It's alphabetical.

Seems Eades is safe. Hams next.

You forgot about Gwilty.

Those club statements are getting lots of reuse. Just do a search and replace on the name and hit send.
I noticed that as well.

“will always be welcome at Essendon and is entitled to a generous 10% discount on items not already discounted at the Bomber Shop. Thanks for your efforts, Shaun”

Anyway, good young talent who might be better at 24-27 when he matures…to bad he wont be around

Yeah, Brayshaw and Scott at Norf know how to cut to the chase.

Why is it crap? Take the time to have respectful discussions with each player and probably give them time to tell their family/friends first… it’s better than rushing in to delist them all a day after our last game

Essendon treating our also rans with more respect than Norf treats their champions. I like it.

I think Shaun genuinely tried, he just made poor decisions way too often. I’ll always remember the VFL game where Shanye got about 25 disposals of which about 19 were butchered or turned over. The crowd was a hilarious mess of laughing, crying, cheering and abusing all at once :s

Essendon treating our also rans with more respect than Norf treats their champions. I like it.

I think Shaun genuinely tried, he just made poor decisions way too often. I’ll always remember the VFL game where Shanye got about 25 disposals of which about 19 were butchered or turned over. The crowd was a hilarious mess of laughing, crying, cheering and abusing all at once :s

That was a sad performance to watch tbh.

Agree. Life is tough . A modicum of respect is appropriate. Allow Shauny some respect by not just lumping his name on a list of names we are cutting.

Thanks Shaun… Really sorry it didn’t work out. Good luck for the future.

Are we the only club to not trade very well with GWS? Both players failed, yet other clubs have had success with ex GWS players.

Hear ye, hear ye! Shaunye is gonye!

Are we the only club to not trade very well with GWS? Both players failed, yet other clubs have had success with ex GWS players.

Give Fark Carlton a go! They’ve only just begun.

Carlton don’t look like they’ve done too well thus far, and they got a LOT of them.

It was 2 players for pick 48, so expectations shouldn’t have been astronomical, but we knew Shred had the talent, and it was worth a try to see if we could get him to realise it at a mature football club.

Aylett wasn’t terrible, and indications were that GWS was trading them as a package to try to get them both another chance, other teams would have taken Shred on his own, Adelaide for one IIRC.

GWS didn’t even use pick 48 (passed), so in reality they gave them to us for free.

Or 3 weeks before 4 of your players are playing in a final.

Just saying.

Agree. Life is tough . A modicum of respect is appropriate. Allow Shauny some respect by not just lumping his name on a list of names we are cutting.

The club has been all about rebuilding respect this year especially with the players from the way they have given time and space to the suspended 12, the recognition and to my mind the genuine thanks to the 10 recruits (seeing the whole playing group celebrate the win over Carlton was one of the real highlights for me) and now individually announcing the players who won’t be offered new contracts.

These actions may seem small or irrelevant by some but to my mind are important cultural traits. I expect these actions won’t go unnoticed by players at other clubs and who knows maybe influence some of these players to consider EFC when looking for a change.