Former #3 Scott Gumbletron

I really wanted to keep Gumby.
I was speaking about this with a mate of mine yesterday. We should of made offered a better deal with the Dogs.

Gumby/Crameri - pick 26/JJ

Carlisle/Crameri - pick 4 + pick 26 (keep Gumby)

I know a lot of people will be against losing Carlisle (he is a gun) but if this meant we could get pick 4 and keep Gumby, I would consider it.

We lost Gumby for nothing. it was such a waste for us.

Carlisle is worth more than pick 4, so I would say that we got a better deal than what you're suggesting.

Ugh, I don't even know where to begin with the suggestion of trading Carlisle for pick 4.

Seriously...

I was speaking about this with a mate of mine yesterday. We should of made offered a better deal with the Dogs.
I know a lot of people will be against losing Carlisle (he is a gun) but if this meant we could get pick 4 and keep Gumby, I would consider it.

You just went full retard.

Carlisle is worth more than pick 4, so I would say that we got a better deal than what you're suggesting.

The notion that you would keep a player that has been injured for 6 years (picked @ #2) over a player that became one of the premier defenders in less than 3 (pick #24) ,and who can be swung forward effectively, just to get pick 4 makes very little sense. The idea we lost Gumby for nothing completely ignores the fact that his value in the football world was nowhere near what we paid for him due to his injuries. We got for him what we would have given had the trade been going the other way. Time to move on from 2006. 

Some things will increase in value (Carlilse) while others will decrease (Gumby)

It happens.

Carlisle is worth more than pick 4, so I would say that we got a better deal than what you’re suggesting.
Ugh, I don’t even know where to begin with the suggestion of trading Carlisle for pick 4.

Seriously…
Agree. Completely daft.

Crazytown in here.

And with pick 4 we would be hoping to obtain a player who could one day become.... Jake Carlisle.

Ridiculous.

The very idea of trading Carlisle out has all the hallmarks of either an alcohol or drug induced stupor!

And with pick 4 we would be hoping to obtain a player who could one day become.... Jake Carlisle.

Ridiculous.

http://youtu.be/Ir-s3Cn52FU

Why do Blitzers feel the need to have 10 people jump on such a stupid post like that. Just consider it an outlier and ignore it.

Well Gumby's getting alotta love. I'm against the grain here. Potential and hope ran out years ago for me. He might be a nice guy and that's great. He might have put Essendon first in the past and that's admirable. But he's never done anything in like 7 years! And in those blue moon moments when "fit and healthy" doesn't look anywhere near it.
Happy to be proved wrong but glad the man bearing the injury card is gone. Don't mean that in a harsh way, purely from what he's delivered on field.

Gumby has the chest of a 12 year old girl because of 6 years of back problems.

IF (and it's a big if) he can get a full preseason behind him, put some muscle on, and play 10 games in a row, he will be a good player.  There is no doubt of that in my mind.  He can run, jump, take a grab and knows where the big sticks are.

Slim though the chance may be, if Freo can get him fit and strong he's going to be one of the biggest trade steals in years.

After 7 years of footballing hell I sincerely wish Scott all the best

I’d be rapt for him to become a premiership player (not at the expense of Essendon, of course)

He deserves a turn of fortune

Best of luck to Scott Lucas.

Trade Carlisle? I am staggered at the suggestion.

Why what is Scott up to? Wish he would come and teach some of our forwards to be more goal focussed from 70 mtrs out!

Good idea. While he is at it, he should explain to them - and it probably needs to be in really simple words - that it is better to kick the ball between the big stick. So many of our forwards prefer the more artistic kicks fading off to the side. Especially from set shots.

Why what is Scott up to? Wish he would come and teach some of our forwards to be more goal focussed from 70 mtrs out!
Whoops! Bit of a blue there.
'Good luck Gumby' makes a bit more sense in the context of this topic, but always happy to wish Scotty Lucas the best. Great Esssendon man.

Is Daf the bloke who rates Richmond ahead of us and has us losing to them twice next season?

Ouch sore head. Picking myself up off the ground after the Carlisle trade suggestion. Family Guy vid is gold.

GUMB

10 Likes

Does Jobe know that phones can also record Video when horizontal??

2 Likes

Does jobe care?