Former #3 Scott Gumbletron

Looking at it from Gumby's point of view

He has given his all to the Essendon Football Club, if he stays could still strugle to get games even when fit, has a opportunity to finally go home and have a fresh start, Freo just finished top 2, has not got much competition to get games, If his body holds up he could play 15+ games and finals at AFL level.

He has 1 major problem though, the amount of travel Fremantle do will not do his back any good. 

excuse for ask.

but what does travel have to do with back issues?

excuse for ask.
but what does travel have to do with back issues?

Tall people with bad backs don't mix well with being seated for pronged periods in cramped conditions.

I've seen the adventures of Gumby on video.

He'll be fine.

Just any chance you can stop banging the Gumby-good Hurley-bad drum in the next ten years boot?

Entertaining reading.

Just any chance you can stop banging the Gumby-good Hurley-bad drum in the next ten years boot?
Entertaining reading.

If you think I believe Gumby good Hurley bad, you haven't read what I say. I have said consistently Hurley not performing therefore Gumby should get a shot. Seems fair and logical to me. Have also said Gumby wasn't given a fair shot. Which is not Hurley's fault, it's TRB's.  And repeatedly said Hurley is our long term choice and will come good. And half my posts are just refuting bullshit like "can't take a contested mark", "can't run" etc, which I do for all our players. I know it might look like I bang on, but a lot of it is defence, not me actively promoting him. But just read the bits you want, that's ok. For what it's worth I think we shot ourselves in the foot, but each to their own.

gumby for pick 55    oh well

Good luck Gumb. Sad to see you go, but you deserve some luck. Hope it goes well for you.

He was our big hope. It's a sad day.

I remember the big Gumby/Hanson debate before that draft.

from a personal point of view I am happy for him. From a selfish point of view I really wanted him to be as good as they said, to dominate.

Good luck gumb.

:frowning:

Good luck to the big fella.

Good bloke.

Will watch him like Gus but not too fussed about the trade tbh.

I’ll still have a soft spot for him.

Not like that bulldogs bloke…

agree.

Sadder to see him go than Crameri,

I hope he cuts it up 21 games of the year but gets thrashed by Hooker or Carlisle when we play them.

Hard to have any bad wishes for the big fella, he tried his guts out but just couldn't get it right.

adios gumby hope you have a good future , thanks for sticking up for jobe !!

just you know .... have bad games vs us

I will seriously lose my ■■■■ if somebody boos Gumby when he plays against us. I hope we pants Freo and Gumby plays a blinder.

Thomas Bellchambers â€@_TommyBell_39s

All the best to gumby next year. Can't wait to watch him tear the comp apart. #deservesit #legend

There seem to be a lot more player tweets coming out for Gumby compared to Stew. Am I reading too much into it?

Has anybody checked on Reboot?

There seem to be a lot more player tweets coming out for Gumby compared to Stew. Am I reading too much into it?

No.