Former #3 Scott Gumbletron

Quite pithy the way players have been tweeting best wishes to Gumby, yet not Crameri. Only Goddard has wished the both of them well.

Quite pithy the way players have been tweeting best wishes to Gumby, yet not Crameri. Only Goddard has wished the both of them well.

To be fair about that, Gumby is on Twitter while Crameri is not.

To be even fairer gumby paid for beer at winders

Gumbleton gave everything he had, and committed to the club to repay some kind of faith when he didn't have to (last year), so that to me shows some loyalty. He was probably advised of limited oppurtunity moving forward,so the decision was probably mutual.

I have a feeling, regarding Crameri, he comes across as cracking the sads, and I bet this came through the season. Remember there was some extended time he wasn't available for? I bet that's related. If that's not, then the very least is that he's expressed his desire to leave, he didn't turn up to the B&F , and he parted with words stating he looks forward to reaching his full potential with the Dogs, suggesting we are holding him back.

Not to mention, made Thompson come across as a begger out of desperation. I bet there was some sort of confrontation from somewhere within. I have a feeling there was no happy departing.

Agree re Crameri - it showed second half of season. Did not chase, at all. Really poor attitude in some games.

But thread is about Gumbleton.

Devastated he has gone - far more disappointed that he could not reach anywhere near his potential while at at Essendon.

Wishing him all the very best in his future - really nice bloke too.

GUMBY FOR THE COLEMAN

GUMBY FOR THE COLEMAN RUNNER-UP

JD for Coleman

gurge this thread

au revoir GUMB

Fark Crameri. Their situations are in no way similar.

I must be the only one that doesn't mind Crameri going. Sure, they'll get more out of him to which we'll cringe and ask why why why... but we don't want people that want out. We'd be ■■■■■■■■ and backstabbing had he stayed in the end after wanting out for so long. He played every 3rd game and every game after that hurt or hurt himself and potentially cost us games. 28-30 goals a year will come from someone else. And I also think he wasn't that great. Had strong hands, was picked up by best defender, but I'm ok with the move. Not gonna lose sleep over it. There's 2 things he ever did that was highlighed in my mind. The sprint in Perth against McPharlin, and... well ok that's it. Everything else is about when he got hurt.

I'm a little more upbeat about Crameri's ability as a player, but that aside I totally agree.

My favourite memory of Gumby was a training photo of him taking a big grab that someone (probably Doe) kept photoshopping putting him higher and higher.

Love the Gumb.

To be fair, Licka also tweeted he would miss him.

Someone post that pic of him flying for a mark in pre-season. One of my favourite memories.

Good luck big fella, hope he has a red hot crack at Freo and wish him all the best.

Someone post that pic of him flying for a mark in pre-season. One of my favourite memories.

No.

You'd prefer they tweet through their teeth towards Crameri?

A sad day.

Really felt like he was going to be an out and out superstar. His body just never allowed him to be the player he should have been.

I wish we'd kept him. The last thing we need is to lose more forwards.

Very sad.

What could have been will now never be :frowning:

If you don't want to be here, don't be here, seriously.

Given how much we farmed up as a club, the fact we lost two blokes that struggle to play 12 games a year is no great loss, we were held over a barrel with anyone that wanted out.

Imagine the fairfax headline "Players forced to stay at Essendon after forced injections".

We now know more than any other club who is in and who wants to be here.

Brisbane had two years of draft picks walk out, but they are on the rise apparently.