Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

Our amazing player retention ratio after the saga surely suggests their were not to be any health concerns post whatever the fark was or wasn’t administered, without being in the inner Ryder sanctum it’s hard to know 100% he’s intentions but using kids as a bargaining chip is ordinary I agreee, with the fibs about family in another state. Interesting to know if he regrets it after footy leaving us

Sure.

Only he signed a contract after the supps program finished.

3 Likes

Reached the end of a front-ended contract ie. was in the low-paying years.
Played the “deformed kids/need family support” card.
Whored himself around, found out PA had the best offer.
Held us over a barrel, demanding he go to PA or he’d take it to court (read: effectively got the AwFuL involved who’d do anything to avoid court…)
While we were playing finals.
While he was CONTRACTED.

So… EFC has to cave in and accept a low-ball trade from PA, despite there being lucrative trade offers from his home state and QLD (both of which had the family support he was supposedly seeking).

Did I leave anything out?

It was grubby & opportunistic work from (probably) his management, taking advantage of a not-so-bright client (but bright enough to understand $$$$). Paddy willingly acquiesced.

Fark him.
Fark him royally.

29 Likes

Hated the way he left and there was stuff that was intimated that never came out. There were other personal issues which he covered over. I’ve got no interest in going in to them but many people were aware of them at the time.

However, he is the one player we’ve never been able to properly replace. I think the club would entertain it on the cheap for a couple of years especially given the lack of quality ruckmen.

2 Likes

So Paddy wants to be traded to another club for more midfield time now?

Would be funny if he came back and was continually booed by his own fans.

4 Likes

Reached the end of a front-ended contract ie. was in the low-paying years.
Played the “deformed kids/need family support” card.
Whored himself around, found out PA had the best offer.
Held us over a barrel, demanding he go to PA or he’d take it to court (read: effectively got the AwFuL involved who’d do anything to avoid court…)
While we were playing finals.
While he was CONTRACTED.

So… EFC has to cave in and accept a low-ball trade from PA, despite there being lucrative trade offers from his home state and WIFE’S Home state QLD (both of which had the family support he was supposedly seeking).

Did I leave anything out? LOTS OF SCUTTLEBUTT RE HIS WANDERING WAYS

It was grubby & opportunistic work from (probably) his management, taking advantage of a not-so-bright client (but bright enough to understand $$$$). Paddy willingly acquiesced.

Fark him.
Fark him royally.

6 Likes

Port fans boo him now. He isn’t as well liked as people think. There are even staffers at Port who couldn’t care less if he moved on

I’m still so pisssed about the saga that I will never forgive nor forget how he treated the club.

(1) He was half way through a front loaded contract and left us with 2 years on low salary remaining.

(2) He was all for going to an interstate club in QLD or NSW so he could walk the streets and not be recognised. He was adamant he didn’t want to go to Adelaide or Perth due to the fishbowl environment.
So what does he do? The exact farcking opposite. We work with GWS but then he dogged us and instead of going to GWS and us picking up pick 4 (from memory that would have given us Bontempelli who we had our sights on), he goes to Port.

(3) And then there was all the carrying on about the uncertainty of his unborn child. We lost our leverage so he could get to Port. We let him walk half way through a contract and got sfa.

I was one of his biggest fans and still remember how Sheeds called him the next Pollie Farmer when we drafted him. I loved him as a player but now I cant stand him for the way he treated us. Even Carlisle who said our club was farcked insisted that the Saints work with us and we ended up with their pick 6. Who was the better player? That says it all.

So after weeks of arguing with Port they give us pick 17 we ended up with Langford ok, but we gave them a 150 game AA tap ruckman with a good injury record. That’s an early first round pick not pick 17.

As far as I’m concerned he can get farcked if he comes back to EFC that will be the final straw for me. I’m pretty close now tbh so pisssed with football but if he were to come back that will be the final nail for me and I’ll be gone.
That will certainly please a lot of you out there but im sure there’s a lot more that agree with me.

Never forgive never forget !

22 Likes

Let’s rename this the Samy Draper thread and move on.

6 Likes

Why think of any positive outcomes for him?

1 Like

would be kind of funny 2020 grand final
Bellchambers vs Ryder
Shiel vs Coniglio
Smith vs Kelly
McGrath vs Tarranto
Heppell vs Ward
Ambrose vs Cameron
Hurley vs Himmelberg
Saad vs Greene
Merrett vs Deboar
McKenna vs Whitfield

1 Like

Stuff Ryder. His body is cooked and some teammates will never forgive him.

Throw $450-500K PA plus higher education support at O’Brien instead. Adelaide is more interested in Grundy anyway.

1 Like

Thats exactly what I thought. “Player booed by own fans”…

1 Like

Thanks funny, because he is the only one i want back.

Stanton?

3 Likes

Could have picked up a player like De Goey if we had a Top 5 pick that year.

Ohh stop that hahah
To be fair pains me to say it but Derek hine is a star in the recruitment caper, Bit of Smokey for a top ten pick that year if memory serves me correctly

Bontempelli was earlier, Merrett’s year. WBD refused to include pick 4 in the negotiation over Crameri.

GWS offered up Pick 4 apparently which would have given us access to DeGoey or 2MP

2 Likes

this man speaks for me

8 Likes