Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

finish sure laconic rep and …

1 Like

I would welcome back Ryder with open arms. Then play him in the reserves for the rest of his career.

2 Likes

Playing reserves??? Id have him washing the kits for the reserves!

3 Likes

always saw Ryder as the loss we never got over. bleeding ever since. regardless of the circumstances of his walking, he left just as he was peaking after he’d gone back, forward, was inconsistent for years.
He became the barometer at EFC, the Paddy-Jobe combo was 2nd to none (can pnly imagine him shoving the ball down Shiel/Zach’s throat and playing with a decent midfield…), and we’ve never got over it.
I actually thought of Ryder when TBell tapped a beauty to Zach in the 3rd qtr )-:

1 Like

Would you take Bucky back? As in Jake Carlisle?

Thanks for correcting me, I’d be happy if we had a chance to pick DeGoey in a heartbeat

No I wouldn’t, I think we all overestimated his value given he really only played a half season or so of consistent footy. That said he hasn’t burned us and has had injury and other issues.

Don’t wish him badly even though he was disenchanted with the club before he left.

More than happy to have Francis in his place - 100%

1 Like

21 Likes

You know this as fact, or speculation?

Ryder. Pls.

1 Like

peaking.
in his first season at port he had a 3 possie game, he “peaked” for one season like 2 odd years ago, and it was for one season.

will go down as one of the most wasted talented players to stroll through a career not even realising a 10th of his actual potential.

3 Likes

Nup not at all. Carlisle was playing at hooker AA levels in 2013 and parts of 14 until we ■■■■■■ him over. He is ten times the player franga is at the moment, and a good chance, will ever be.

1 Like

Tough call given Carlisle will play his first game for the year this week. He’s had back surgery so who knows how good he will ever be.
Now, maybe we should take this to the Francis thread but with at least 6 years on his side, plus a love of the EFC I see more upside in Francis than Carlisle.

1 Like

There’s been some busts in that draft already
McCartin
Gws didn’t fare well (4,6,7) Pickett, Ahern, Marchbank all gone. Could have been DeGoey, Wright, Lever.

How did EFC fark Carlisle over ?

1 Like

Lol at Ryder coming back to Essendon. Don’t think the club will relocate some of his friends and family again, just because his partner may or may not have been despised by the other WAGs.

2 Likes

Played him out of position to the point he no longer wanted to play with us.

so the guy playing a team sport didn’t want to do the team thing.

fairly certain teams are better off without those sorts of players unless they are a generational talent, which he is/was not.

He was the 3rd best KPD.

2 Likes

Sounds like you disagree with Jesus.

Another Bullshite excuse like deformed babies and missing relatives. It was all about the money and nothing else.

6 Likes