Former #32 Noah Gown

He kicked 3 goals in his last game, looks to be progressing nicely

1 Like

Good Gippy Lad, cans with the boyyyss!

Clearly with the rat tail he is someone who likes to play to his own tune

Fine to be a little wild just needs to make it work for him as a professional footy player also. Get the balance right.

Maybe save the drinking benders for off season

4 Likes

Maybe he took the plays like Taylor Walker thing on as a badge of honour and thought that it was only right to drink some beers.

Every squad needs some cowboys, canā€™t all be choirboys

5 Likes

Let ā€˜em be doctors and lawyers and such.

1 Like

Is house mates with Ham aswell

Yes, but how many shots did he have after the game??

6 Likes

Do not drink beer.

Look what happened to JOEDAN after just 1.

7 Likes

The AFL has endorsed the behaviour of players with drink and drug issues ie Dusty and Swan yet has crucified others ie Jobe. As we continue to see in the eras of Vlad, Fitzpatrick and Gil the game lack integrity and respect. Not sure what it has to do with Gown but thatā€™s my rant. Hope he gets a game soon and keeps his head.

Iā€™m surprised this kid isnā€™t getting more love at the moment. Are we all at the ā€œanger phaseā€ in the Joe Dan thread and this thread is when it turns to ā€œBargainingā€ and ā€œAcceptanceā€?

No matter, Iā€™ll start.

Does anyone feel confident that Gown will come on and kick some goals in the 1s in 2020 and beyond?

1 Like

I have Noah idea, ā€¦ but I would put my money on yes

2 Likes

Not that I donā€™t think he could (I havenā€™t really paid much attention to him), but I donā€™t think heā€™ll be given the opportunity.

He looks to have some genuine AFL tricks but heā€™s at least a couple of years away from competing.

Forwards take a little longer than defenders because of the strength required to compete.

I like him though.

4 Likes

Beyond 2020 yes
not confident about next year.
At the moment he would be behind
Daniher
Stringer
McKernan
Stewart
Brown
Laverde

Needs a big preseason, has shown some talent kicking goals at VFL level.
If we have injuries like this year, then he should definetly be a shot.

Would need breakout game in NAB comp hopefully gets a run there.
And then some strong VFL performances.

1 Like

Brown out. 2020 beckons for him to step up.

7 Likes

The club either rates him or he is contracted. Hopefully itā€™s both

Needs to get more than 7 touches a game.

Or move to a different club, where they get frees for being overtly held by the opposition full-backs.

9 Likes

No. Noah has quite a way to go yet to even become a consistently viable target at VFL level let alone stepping up to the ones.

2 Likes

Are there any issues with him in terms of commitment, training hard, listening and wanting to make it as an AFL footballer?

Good to hear. And if that the case then itā€™s there for him to make the most of it. Letā€™s see how quickly/well he progresses this pre-season.