Former #32 Travis Colyer

Is playing the Sam Lonergan role to perfection. 10-15 instantly forgettable possessions a game and not a lot of defensive pressure.

I think we need to trade him to a WA club for another draft pick this year.

If theres a club that needs a line breaker, they might cough up a late 2nd if desperate enough.

His speed used to counteract his weaknesses.

We dont need his speed anymore.

Was the same old Colyer last night

For someone with his speed he doesn’t provide anywhere near enough defensive pressure. He is lazy

Doesn’t put his body on the line consistently

Disposal is terrible

Doesn’t get the ball anywhere near enough

Should never of been brought back in, should never of stayed in the team. Shouldn’t be on the list next season

I doubt anyone will want him

1 Like

Trade or he will only be a depth player

I’m done with him.

1 out of 4 games he’ll have 20+ possessions and snag a goal and he’ll do enough to make you think we can afford the luxurary of carrying him through his bad games.

The other 3 out of 4 games he disappears for the majority of his game, his disposal is poor, his tackling is poor, his defensive pressure is poor and he fumbles the ball even when he has it somehow which makes him rush his disposal. His pace is useless, how many times does he speed away from a player? How many times does he use his pace to run down a player? He’s laid 0 tackles in the past 2 weeks.

Frustrating when we have 17 or 18 players fitting the structure and working hard and you have a few weak links like Colyer and Goddard letting the team down.

He’s just not good enough a player to carry for his one good game.

5 Likes

about as nimble as a scania (i know boot, i know).

1 Like

Potential trade at end of the year.

If he can’t provide defensive pressure week in week out, then he has no place being in the seniors; would rather play Long than Trav

Please, you are not doing it right, Heppell is the leading turnover merchant, even when he isn’t.

1 Like

This. Over the preseason l expect 3 - 4 others to go far past him. Trade is possible, otherwise he should not play senior football again. He used to be nippy, now he has largely lost his zip.

His pace is no longer a massive comoddity in need at the club… What else does he has to offer us? Not much. Saad, McKenna, McGrath, Zach, Fantasia are as quick, if not quicker around the ground and offer more too.

He is from a bygone era when pace was enough to get you a game at the EFC.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

His pace is severely overrated. He’s quick but he’s nowhere near Raz/McKenna/Saad levels IMO.

Gotta love Blitz. All some do is rubbish some player and say they should be traded. If a player is as bad as many Blitzers say - and sometimes they are - why would any other club want to trade them in?
Having said that, I think Colyer is overrated and should not play seniors again, except when there’s a very long injury list!

1 Like

No club in their right mind other than Carlton/Gold Coast would want him in.

1 Like

I think he would be pretty highly sought after tbh. Very maligned on here, but clubs like norf and melbourne that are crying out for any outside run would jump at the chance.

Norf have offered Polec the warchest, whereas colyer would cost far less and add a lot of what polec has.

I personally would like to see him traded as he is surplus to our needs and I would support him as much as I support melksham and hibberd.

2 Likes

Colyer is not in the same atmosphere as Polec as a player and both are wildy different players, and if anyone offers anything even half decent I’d ship him out immediately.

3 Likes

If Colyer has been playing for his career (as frankly he should be), he has failed the test dismally.
This has been as mediocre a run of football as you’d ever want to see. 10-15 posessions a week, and a barely a couple of goals registered is nowhere near good enough. And his alleged pace is an urban myth…

Try to trade him out for anything.

It shouldnt be that hard if we simply lower our expectations.

If we cant offload him, play him in the vfl for 2019 then retire.

If he lines up for round 1 next year. This club has some serious problems

1 Like