Former #32 Travis Colyer

So everyone thinks they maybe worth late 3rd. round trades. do it you might snag another Guelfi.

Good post

He’s done enough every week to tease the player he should be.

If only he had hands on the ends of those stumps.

1 Like

Speed was his best advantage.
The rest of the comp has caught up with him.

2 Likes

The accidental irony in this post is exquisite.

1 Like

Cost us few opportunities in the last as well

Compare his handling to Fantasia’s and it’s night and day, particularly low and at pace.

1 Like

Comparing anyone to Fantasia is grossly unfair.

We packaged Ridley, Delaney, Kickett to get M. LOYD

Colyer is a fantsstic trade opportunity to a side lacking in line breakers.

Freo had some quality list management back then.

People much prefer a pile of ■■■■ as opposed to a piece of ■■■■

The winningest trade of all winning trades ever. Didn’t we get the pick for Lucas as well?

If Port Adelaide are losing Polec --> needing outside run.

1 Like

Doesn’t stack up to the Danihers for Neville Fields trade for mine.
And then Fields came back!
Perfect.

From a list of disastrous trades:

1. Neville Fields (Essendon to South Melbourne)

The ripple effect of midfielder Neville Fields leaving Essendon is still being felt by Sydney today. The Swans effectively traded all four Daniher brothers, and in turn, current day player Joe Daniher (father-son draft pick), who would make a handy addition to any football side. Fields played 60 games for South Melbourne, as the Daniher’s collectively played 770 matches between them.

2 Likes

Port never recovered from losing that Richmond speedster who was good for one year - white?

They should be all over Colyer and coughing up their second round pick for him :stuck_out_tongue:

Agreed.

Unfortunately for Trav, the game has passed him by.

He has had 8 games since returning from injury & has only performed in one of them. When you average a low 13 pozzies per game, you need to find a way to either have scoreboard or contest impact. He has kicked 2 goals in those 8 games & averaged only 2 tackles per game.

Walla doesn’t have massive numbers & was out of form for quite a stretch, but he fought back well, scored goals & impacted the contest with his tackling pressure. I just can’t see Trav having such an impact moving forward. Very little, if any, trade value for mine.

3 Likes

Wow… what a bargain for them. Why do we never get full value for our players?

Trade him for a 3rd round pick and relieve some salary cap space. Win win.

Dodoro to pull out another Guelfi with that pick.

1 Like

This isn’t true. Or is only half true. Yep in 2013,2014 and 2015 his pace was desperately needed. But he was kept back in the magoos to work on his disposal. 2014 and 2015 he had two very good seasons by any standard.
Yes now the pace of the team is such that he no longer stands out. And yes it would seem that he needs to go back to the drawing board with regards to his disposals.
As far as I am concerned players should get games based on their merits and its up to the coaching staff to decide that. Maybe if we had a full list he might struggle to get a game. I don’t know. But I do think some of the criticism here is unwarranted. Even should we have a full list, it is disposal standard that I would say sets top 4 sides apart from Essendon. As a team we tend to turn the ball over far too often.

3 Likes

Didnt they give us a third rounder for Forster-Knight?