Former #32 Travis Colyer

And so ends the class of 2009. Cheers Trav.

4 Likes

This sounds reasonable
Great guy Trav, and genuinely wish you all the best personally at Freo.

2 Likes

Concur.
I’m sure he would have preferred to stay, but it seems like a great deal for him.
I’m really glad that’s how it worked out.

1 Like

Critical of his play but wish him all the best. Suspect his contract was large due to saga and the purple patch he hit just prior to it.

Another big victim of wada but should hold his head high. All the best Trav.

Good luck trav and thanks mate

I’m sorry to see him go and I wish him every success at Freo. He seems to be a really decent human being; he always gave everything he had; he was landed in the middle of the worst nightmare that can happen to a sportsman through no fault of his own; we will be forever in his debt for staying strong and loyal throughout.

Thank you and good luck, Travis Colyer.

14 Likes

Was always exciting too see him up and in running in 4th quarters. Hope he does well at Freo.

1 Like

He will be missed. Hopefully he’ll get more game time at Freo.

All the best.
. Fark cartlon

Ball in hand one of the most exciting players we have had. Streaming down the left wing or straight up the guts. A game winner on his day. Hope the next few years are successful, except against us. Dealt a crap sandwich by the Saga, but thanks for your return. Always a Bomber.

1 Like

For people complaining about the fourth round - I wouldn’t. It was a mercy trade.

With our midfield looking pretty flash, particularly given the additional of Shiel and the development of our younger players, there simply wouldn’t have been any chance that Trav would have got a senior game in the absence of significant injuries.

We didn’t ship him out the door - he got a better offer from Freo and wanted to go there so he could play senior footy. So out of respect for him, we traded him and didn’t quibble much about the price. Fair enough I reckon, especially considering he’s a saga player who already missed a year

21 Likes

Loved Trav. Great bloke - obviously well liked and respected by the boys. Many memories of him firing up the jets and leaving players in his wake. Wish him all the best for the future.

1 Like

I don’t think we did it to free up cap space or another list spot - we had the $$ to keep him and we could’ve freed up a spot with an uncontracted player who was lower down the pecking order (Long, McNeice, etc).

I do however agree that it’s a great deal for Trav and that we obliged without much fuss as a thank you for his services.

3 Likes

Yes indeed. This trade was to help Trav out. He is a saga player. Essendon did this on Travs request. It’s good for everyone involved.

2 Likes

Yes the trade was to help him out but c’mon guys, he wasn’t worth any more than that anyway. Anyone thinking so is dreaming.

1 Like

3rd rounder, at absolute best.

4th rounder to get it done without fuss.

3 Likes

Dodoro mentioned when interviewed that our TPP was one of the factors is making this happen.

McKernan a list clogger? Not on his 2018 form and Daniher’s on going injury problems.

5 Likes

3rd rounder sounds about right.

4th rounder because we are so easy to deal with.

3 Likes

I really hope he rediscovers his 2015 form. I have a feeling it might be a Melksham situation where a new start is needed. Thanks for everything Travis.

2 Likes

Goodby trav, I will miss the awkward eye contact you give me at the supermarket when I’m wearing my EFC hat, hoping like hell I won’t annoy you by stopping to have a chat, not that I ever did. Because who wants to be accosted trying to buy groceries.

7 Likes