Former #32 Travis Colyer

He certainly has been.
But his efforts last year earned him the right to try and prove he isn’t anymore.
The talent is there, it’s the 486 that’s the problem.

4 Likes

Wishing Trav all the best. STUCK BY THE CLUB through the hard times. True clubman. Hope you play well for your new club

6 Likes

Future 4th is way under IMO. He was good enough to get a game for us late in the season on a regular basis and his form in the last few games against Hawthorn, Richmond and PA was good. That puts him at least around pick 40-45.
Nonetheless, we were probably paying him overs in his contract post saga, and he wouldn’t have got another contract in all likelihood, so good for both that he got the offer he did from Freo.
I wish him all the best. I remember how good he was around 2013/14 pre his foot injury and the suspension. Unfortunately he never got back to that with us. I hope he does with Freo. I’ll always remember blokes like him and Budda for their loyalty in coming back after the suspensions.

4 Likes

Added to that, I felt that he, with his legal studies, was more aware of the chicanery of AFL, ASADA and WADA.

4 Likes

Just rewatching the last 2 minutes of the 2015 Ess v Hawks game. Colyer kicked the 2nd last goal and passed to Hooker for his famous sealer. Thanks Trav.

4 Likes

I’d just like to compliment your choice of an age appropriate processor.

2 Likes

I’m a fan (of his form this year) but one good season does not prove anything. And would seriously prefer getting games into Stewart/Draper ahead of McKernan.

what the? They’ve got to earn it.

2 Likes

So has McK.

And Drapers development trajectory would suggest he may have a higher ceiling long term than all our rucks bar TBC.

[quote=“Shelton10, post:2465, topic:467, full:true”]He seems to be a really decent human being;

[/quote]
I thought he was studying law?

5 Likes

It doesn’t prove anything. Nevertheless he went past Stewart in 2018, and Draper isn’t in the same league yet. I’m all for playing kids, but I feel as if the McKernan Daniher combination deserves an opportunity to see if it can work.

I hold out hope that Smack is going to have a few years where he maintains consistently good form. He has extraordinary talent. He could be the difference.

Would love to think our supporters have more class than this, but I shouldn’t be too confident should I?

All the best Trav and thank you

1 Like

I think Colyer would have been on some reasonable coin, considering he re-signed during his suspension.

I’m not sure we needed to move him on to sign Shiel…I’m thinking it’s more about re-signing Baguley, Hartley, Dea & Leunberger.

Plus offering a new contract to Francis.

3 Likes

I was in tears in Bay 15 after that game. And all the way home. Amazing effort by Trav.

5 Likes

Another player to proudly Don the famous #32 at EFC.

3 Likes

remember watching his under 18 highlights on YouTube and hoping like hell we got him but thinking we go no chance. Was so excited when we got him.
Not a star of the game, not one who was interviewed a lot. A player many were frustrated by.
But I always liked him. Has won games for us. Always have his all. I’ll really miss him.
Only have to look at the Instagram pages of players to see how loved he is.
All the best to him in the future. Hope he’s not booed when we play him.

2 Likes

Actually, given he was re-signed post SAGA I suspect it’s more about output contract size.

Hooker’s goal was the winning goal… but not sure you can call it ‘the sealer’, given Hawthorn would have stolen the win back if the siren had sounded one second later. (Bit pedandic, but ‘sealers’ in my book is when the game is put beyond doubt… there was still plently of doubt in those remaining 2 minutes after that goal.)

25 Likes

legend.

2 Likes