Former #32 Travis Colyer

It is an enjoyable two minutes of football to watch and Trav was a big contributor to it. By the way it should have been an Essendon free kick with about 5 secs on the clock when a Hawks player was tackled to the ground and kicked the ball off the ground to Rioli. If they paid that then it was game over there.

Good luck in the future Trav except for against us.

1 Like

The best part about his goal to help win that 2015 Hawthorn game is Hirdy’s fist pump in the box after it

Most infuriating part about his career was when he diligently and correctly blocked Fyfe going third man up at a ruck tap and Razor Ray (?) paid a free against. His expression was awesome.

Good luck Trav, and thanks!

1 Like

Just caught the Freo game and Trav was good! In stark contrast to his former teammates he was clean, ran hard and was a good duo with Hill. 20 disposals, 2 tackles, 11 contested possessions and 65% efficiency. Who said you can take the boy out of Essendon but not…

5 Likes

Wat? Somebody said he went at like 30% efficiency.

Not according to champion data.

Champion data has him at 55% and 6 turnovers.

None of the turnovers are frees either.

Sounds like our Colyer to me.

2 Likes

Lol - I like your narrative better!
But tbf Melksham has been playing well at Melbourne and so its too early to make a call on Colyer.

1 Like

I wish Colyer all the best.

I wasn’t as frustrated by him as I am some other players but his kicking was as bad as we have had for a while.

2 Likes

He played in a 10+ goal win, he’s doing better than our boys and their 10+ goal loss.

That’s not the graphic that Fox Footy used who I assumed used champion data. Compare Trav to our latest gun recruit who’s efficiency was much, much lower. I think David King said on Whateley’s show this morning that Shiel ran a fraction over 20%. Not many of our guys would’ve been above Trav. Fact remains, Trav played well in a team that won by 14 goals.

1 Like

Must be thanking his lucky stars, back home with family and out of Essendon.

2 Likes

I’m just going off the AFL website.

I didn’t see the game.

King is a flog so I wouldn’t listen to him too much.

The GWS players deliberately targeted Shiel and Smith and did not give either an inch to move.

Shiel in particular played in and under all day with little support so I’m not surprised he butchered it and tired.

even if he was good, he was never going to get any better with us.

also i seem to recall he was one of the many players weve had over many years who only looks good when the rest of the team is playing well.

no regrets in trading him away

Is he still sporting that stupid ■■■■■■■ haircut and beard?

1 Like

Just about every player we trade out improves.

Hibberd AA
Ryder AA
Houli premiership player and almost Norm Smith
Crameri and Monfries career best seasons
Melksham destroying Hawthorn and Geelong in finals
Ted Richards

Getting the Essendon stink off does wonders

I was livid when that happened, 100% free kick if an essendon player did that

So… its Dodoros fault?

100 games up for Trav. Well done.

42 Likes