Former #40 Will “Snello” Snelling

His mum said that they came to Docklands to watch us beat the Crows when he was 4, and he decided to follow us.

6 Likes

I would have been at that game too, assuming it was 2001.

I reckon he’d have been a fan of Mark Johnson

https://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2019-07-22/btv-media-conference-john-worsfold-july-22 17 minutes 48 seconds,
roaming brian, best move for will is to give jess the flick!

You know nothing @stir_fried_ewok :wink:

2 Likes

His Dad said when interviewed in Roaming Brian he could of played better, the fact his family are now all Essendon supporters is fantazzio.

Gee’s I would give him some slack from coming from SANFL to VFL then AFL in what 6 weeks, though he was serviceable and hey he hasn’t played in a losing side for Essendon

1 Like

Played his role tonight. Gets to the right places and links up well. Generally makes good decisions and puts his head over the ball too. Good stuff, Snello!

2 Likes

Thought he was quiet today then saw he had 18 touches of which 10 were contested. To go with 4 tackles, 4 clearances, and 4 score involvements at 83%.

Not bhed.

3 Likes

those kicks you thought zac was doing on his right were actually snelling.

4 Likes

He’ll get even better as he adjusts to the speed of the grade and to his new position.

Been impressed by his first few games. I keep thinking he is Howlett.

2 Likes

Meh…

I still don’t understand why the hell we didn’t recruit a ruckman in the mid season.

He probably has one more chance to grasp an AFL career.

Wasn’t bad, but there are a handful of players running around in the VFL who look better than Snelling, and unfortunately no other blood options that Zlarke

His base level of game is minimum good defensive pressure and a lot of hard won footy. He has a dip and supporters can see that and respect it. He probably lacks the class that will make him a top line player, but 2 games in I’ve liked what I’ve seen.

1 Like

good soize

1 Like

Good role player.

Did some good things & lots of small things well. Likes the contested stuff. Not bad

1 Like

Actually saw his stats and have to say in an overall terrible game for us - with exception to winning - he played a good game.

Four clearances. 83% efficiency. 18 disposals. 10 of which were contested & 4 tackles.

Offers vastly more than Mcneice who is on the list.

Has the tools and starting to use em before I thought he could. Only two games in. Not bad at all. Upside indeed

4 Likes

Sorry
Not as big or as good as Howlett

1 Like

I don’t like him. Poor mans Brendan Lee for mine. Surely better available at VFL, SANFL or WAFL level

Wasn’t an either / or situation. We wanted Snelling AND a ruckman. The ruck we wanted was taken and there were no other reserves level guys who we rated. Would have taken Snelling either way.

1 Like

I thought he was pretty good

shouldn’t be the first to sent back to the VFL

3 Likes

Mcneice is shut down back pocket player. Ridiculous comparison

1 Like

Two games in averaging 16.5 disposals to benny’s career ave of 17.1. Think he’s doing ok for only two games…

2 Likes