#49 Matt Dea

I think this is the perfect summation of Dea.

Has been really good at times this year but was out of his depth Friday night

1 Like

Judging a player’s worth by their contribution over the year and their overall value to the team goal is the better way, rather than by the latest game or stats.

7 Likes

yeah everyone involved in that carlton loss should be cannoned into the sun.

Whether he stays or goes will come down to whom retires, gets traded/desired and how many players we bring in and want to draft.

If we bring in a couple of FAs and retain the players we want but still want to hit this draft with a 4 or 5 picks, then there will be a few guys to make a hard call on, Dea may be one of those

3 Likes

No room for this jobber anymore. Bin him FFS!

Ahh Blitz…

4 Likes

In fairness I’ve been saying that all year.

1 Like

That’s okay, the point was how Blitz goes to such extremes in it’s viewpoint on players.

We should all think alike. Let’s root out all dissenters and those unwilling to conform.

9 Likes

My view is not extreme. He is a jobber. We need to move past jobber’s of his type if we’re going to elevate ourselves into a genuine finals/top 4 contender.

2 Likes

thank you for typing my reply. i started and didn’t know where i was going.

“typical blitz” is just the worst. we’re all here, therefore probably have a screw loose and will have differing view.

3 Likes

I didn’t say “typical Blitz”, I was just amused at the extremes on Dea, from Best 22 to Delist, no middle ground at all.

Some of you need to get some thicker skin and stop being so sooky.

Considering there are heaps of users on here I would have thought it would be normal to have different opinions?

Robbo said he is a good depth player but shouldn’t be in our best 22. Surely that isnt extreme
Gatsby said he’s a good back up player
Melrose said he wouldn’t be too fussed if he was gone at the end of the year
Hird Mentalitt said he’s a good honest trier

So I dont think there are only at extremes and I think there is plenty of middle ground

Done his job as a depth player while Gleeson been out injured.

Moving forward Ridley will be the one that would be next in line.

Matt Dea would be a good pick up for one of the younger sides of comp IMO. Blues could do lot worse that’s for sure.

1 Like

Gold Coast. Need as many mature jobbers as they can get.

He certainly is the type of player GCS and Carlton should be chasing, cheap, serviceable and likely very precessional. But easy to cut and move on in a few year when the talent starts to excel.

I just don’t see why at Essendon we would keep him around, we have ample alternatives to cover for injury and we need to keep searching for more mids and need the list spots.

:roll_eyes:

:roll_eyes:

Weren’t you the same guy who didn’t rate Langford and didn’t “see it”?

I have had no real problem with Dea’s form this year. Quite frankly any deficiency he has displayed has been no worse than others. If he battles to get a game when we have a full list to choose from, well then all the better for us.
As to that one on one contest with Martin, the player kicking the ball was under no pressure and kicked the ball perfectly to Martin’s advantage. Halfway decent forward would win that contest 9 out of ten.

Dea was generally quite good this year. He’s just had a really bad end to the year (knocked out, bad in VFL partial game, bad in AFL game).

3 Likes