#49 Matt Dea

Agree that he appears to have reached his normal operating ceiling and that others should indeed fly higher.

Trade or cannon

Forward or back?

was he not eligible to play yesterday?

No. Played too much AFL this year

1 Like

Nobody will trade for him. Heā€™ll likely get delisted and if anyone is interested theyā€™ll pick him up as DFA.

I think if the majority of blitz had a say in things EFC would field the flashiest, fastest, most dashing backline ever.

It would also leak goals like theres no tomorrow.

People under value defenders who can actually defend, Dea is no superstar but he is the epitomy of defensive depth, perfect back up and I think he should be kept on the list until such time as we have someone better to do the same job when required

6 Likes

If the majority of blitz was listened to weā€™d barely have 22 guys on the list.

7 Likes

Agree 100%. Ridley et al may go past him, but they havenā€™t yet. Until they do he should be on the list.

6 Likes

ā€œLetā€™s keep him so we have someone ready-made to delist at the end of 2019ā€ā€¦is the only reasoning I would accept.

So, like the Knights era then?

Lol Richmond

Thought he had a good year. I think people focus on his errors and not how he has pretty much done the job that was asked of him.
If people want to criticise his game against Richmond Iā€™m fine with that, but everyone is entitled to the odd poor performance.
I donā€™t think he is keeping players like Ridley out of the team. To get in they have to show the coaches they have the goods.
If Gleeson can continue the form he showed in 2017 and pre season 2018 I imagine Dea will make way for him.

4 Likes

Any news if Matt has re-signed or gonna be delisted?

Never mindā€¦ just saw, hes been delistedā€¦

The not so surprising news, Matt Dea has been delisted. Thanks for your service at EFC. Matt. He was someone who served the club in its darkest hour and deserves credit for that and much else besides. Matt. All the best for the future, whatever it holds.

31 Likes

Very well expressed, sir

That really sucks. he was great this year.

4 Likes

Is he still thinking of joking the police or fire brigade?

Matt Dea very stiff, Jake Long very lucky

IMO

21 Likes