#49 Matt Dea

40 games over 3 years was a great return for a guy who originally joined as a top up.

Allways played a committed and intense game.

Sensible decision by the club, we have others that needed to be given the games.

All the best Matty.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve mocked them a few times myself.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a good sign if we are getting rid of someone of Deaā€™s quality. Heā€™s a solid player, but weā€™ve talent coming through that needs to fill his role for us to improve.

Really glad he had the second chance with us.

1 Like

Like BJ, i hope he gets a gig somewhere else. hes too good a player.

4 Likes

Love the way he would run backwards into a pack and take a mark with no concern for his well-being. No fear. Wish he was staying on but hopefully he makes it on to another list if thatā€™s what he wants.

8 Likes

dea-cimated

amirite

9 Likes

Itā€™s been a long dea

2 Likes

Unless hes signing up to be a cop, terrible decision. He played some great footy this year

9 Likes

Didnā€™t let us down very often, solid defender but it makes sense given the young depth we have in that area. Thanks very much Matt and I hope his journey continues, good enough at the level imo.

2 Likes

Somebody should pick him up.

Heā€™s good enough, he just has the lowest ceiling in a role where we have a great deal of depth.

9 Likes

Heā€™d have to be a good chance.

Loved the way he went about his footy, great team player and a big heart. All the best for the future. I reckon he would be a great addition to quite a few teams, Gold Coast could do with some good solid characters on and off the field.

If he wants to keep playing, he is a real chance to be picked up for mine.

1 Like

Itā€™s a bad time to be a medium sized defender at EFC with the depth we have there. I like Dea, he was a no fuss, what you see is what you get type player. The type youā€™d love to play alongside IMO. Hopefully someone picks him up, reckon heā€™d offer a lot to GC, FC, StK even GWS, a solid player who wouldnā€™t cost much.

5 Likes

SSPHU

2 Likes

Not sure heā€™ll get a third act to his career but a fine player. Best of luck Matty

Unlikely to happen a club gamble on a twice delisted player but heā€™s good enough to be playing AFL.

Far better back flank type than an Aaron Mullett type that Carlton have given chances too.

Wish him all the best, very likeable bloke.

2 Likes

I reckon I could coach a team made out of all the delistings, including Gold Coastā€™sā€¦and beat the Suns.

Thanks for everything Matty!

1 Like

Really hope he gets another go at it, if thatā€™s what he wants. Far better player than a lot of others running around IMO.
Thanks for your service in the most ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  of times, Matty!

Poor guy, a victim of of our surplus of small/medium defenders. Whereas, Long was likely kept on the list due to our dearth of HFF

3 Likes

Surely Dea is a better player than McNiece, no?

5 Likes