#49 Matt Dea

Ambrose might be back up to you but every time he’s fit Woosha brings him in.

Does he drop Francis for him?

Except then Hooker was playing fwd and we didn’t have Francis fit and firing.

I think Dea is a bit stiff. I understand the decision, we just had too many of that type on the list, but I don’t reckon he ever did much wrong in his time with us.

Hard not to have a soft spot for those who busted their ■■■ for us in 2016, and Dea certainly did that.

All the best to him.

26 Likes

Exactly.

I’m sure he will get game time at some point, but Francis has stepped up, our game style has changed, and I can’t see Ambrose being the walk up start he was.

2 Likes

Some had the same argument for Colyer, as in the every time fit he plays as he is valued, but we just got rid of him for nothing.

Times change and lists improve.

Ambrose is no longer in our best back 6 when we now have Hooker back and the roles he would play are taken by Hurley & Francis.

There are times when I wonder if our list management team are on exactly the same page as our coaching team.

Get a room you two

Lol Richmond

1 Like

Very disappointed. Dea will be missed

Age article says he’s the last of the top ups, but what about Brown?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Srsly??

1 Like

He wasn’t a top up.
They’d only be counting the 2016 top ups.
Not the 2015 ones who were only with us for a few weeks

1 Like

Thank you Mr Dea and wish you all the best for the future. You busted your backside during the dark times and for that I will always be grateful.

5 Likes

Like others I thought he had a solid year. There were times when others here criticised him for weaknesses that were displayed across the board by the team.
But yeah, he put the hard yards in for the club and always played like he was fighting to retain his spot.

Good luck and many thanks, Matt!!!

1 Like

Peos loves the big Dea

2 Likes

Not wanting to derail the thread but I reckon Ambrose is pretty overrated around these parts.

Would still have him ahead of Dea when fit but geez, he’s played just the 17 games in 2 years and the Bradley Hill tackle (as glorious as it was) ain’t exactly a recent highlight.

Hopefully Ambrose gets back to his best soon but I agree that Dea would’ve essentially been backup for our backup.

2 Likes

Dea is a better player than Ambrose for mine, quite easily

7 Likes

The Suns could do a lot worse than pick up DEA as a DFA.

4 Likes

Have to agree.

There is serious Ambrose love and I never understand why.

He is a liability by foot, he isn’t a strong mark, he isn’t quick and is often caught out of position. He does however have the best tank at the club and can play on taller opponents (I personally think that this occurs via default as he is incapable of defending smaller players due to his snail like pace and often seems to get towelled up regardless but each to their own).

Dea IMO, has a neat left foot, a great pair of hands and is caught out of position far less often.

The thing that both have in common is that they are both brave to a fault.

Then again, I’ve always been a sceptic of Ambrose and an admirer of Matty’s so you could say I’m biased.

3 Likes