Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

This has got so out of hand that Kane Cornes on SEN asked whether the BJ recruitment had been a failure.

C’mon FFS he’s been one of our best in the past 6yrs.

Its only been since that Sydney game last year thats his powers have been on the wane.

kane cornes can gagf

5 Likes

I grasp it. i just think it’s a ■■■■ attitude to have some of the time. mostly when he and the team is playing poorly.

if we were a serious threat, danihers approach would be refreshing.
we are struggling and his approach seems childish and immature.

perception is a sad fact of reality, and the perception he gives off, again when losing, is pretty poor.
but hey, what does he care right, he gets good money to play like he is, he still gets to go out on the biggest stage in his field and run around, and if anyone points out he isn’t doing what he should be, they turn on the other guy.
I can see why he thinks life is sweet, it is for him. he’s a known afl footballer on good money. life doesn’t get any better right.

It’s passion. Pure and simple. The same thing you see here on every game day thread when the team is playing poorly. Begging for someone to lift, to inspire. That’s exactly what BJ is trying to do.

1 Like

He’s talking about Joe.

I think …

Oops silly me… I thought we were in the Goddard thread. :smile:

2 Likes

Kane Kornes is a deadset moronic flog. Barely a functioning brain cell.

5 Likes

He’s a guy who is enjoying what he does. I don’t see the problem with that. And I certainly don’t see how it’s ok if we were a threat but childish and immature if we are not. I think that’s your problem not his. I have issues with how Joe is playing, and some of the things he is doing, to the point where if I were a selector I’d be arguing for him to be dropped to the magoos to get it together. But his enjoyment in playing the game for me is a positive.

1 Like

I think you might have over rated him there.

3 Likes

i got no issue with what goddard did. just you gotta be not having questionable skill and defensive efforts yourself to be going off at others.
but at least he’s one of a few who does it and shows he gives a ■■■■.
the only other 2 i’ve seen do it in essendon colours is zac and devon.

again, it’s all about perception. i’d take him doing that, other the non caring actions of others.
whether it’s right or not again doesn’t about, it’s about perception. at least when things are going bad, you know goddard is hating it, just like the rest of us.

1 Like

I’m going to cheer him everytime he gets the ball and boo daniher and zaharakis, then start booing goddard when he turns it over.

2 Likes

amen

Goddard to Melky on the switch across goals.

What did Kane Cornes say? I like him,

Yet again, Goddard has to plug holes because other senior players aren’t up to the job !

2 Likes

Sadly it sounded like a chunk of those attending yesterday believe the crap dealt out by the footy media mafia.

2 Likes

I think he’s cooked and he knows it, he would never off load a set shot to the pocket to Zaka 3 years ago.

His kicking has faded, he isn’t getting to contests and his missed tackles are really starting to show.

He has been a great passionate servant of the club through an unimaginably tough period, but it’s time to start planning his exit.

Even the cheer squad made a joke out of it on the banner. Pathetic

1 Like

When was the BJ 1 on 3 wrestling incident? I don’t know if I could be arsed watching the whole replay to try and find it

2 Likes