Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

3 tackles.

Yes that’s what I was talking about.

1 Like

I loved his reaction when that ■■■■ headbutted Guelfi.

9 Likes

Some solid grabs, used it pretty dangerously and the goal he kicked was silk. Still having an influence

3 Likes

Love BJ and he just demands team success, he wants to play finals

6 Likes

didn’t need to play his goal in slo-mo

It was disgraceful, taking the captaincy off him. I’ll never forget the image of the current captain jogging backwards past him and ignoring him as he was being tormented by three thug skiers. I hope he plays on next year.

3 Likes

I reckon he back into at least 8 packs last night in defence helping out. Great stuff

3 Likes

He’s still classy enough to produce games like that, and it’ll happen again, but this will/should be his last season imo. It’s quite obvious he’s slowing up, he’s not going to be able to produce that most weeks

1 Like

And it was fabulous to see him back up Guelfi when he was head butted. We need that!

4 Likes

I think this is where it is at. BJ is SSSSLLLLOOOWWW!!! He still has great skills, but he can’t keep pace with the game. Even in the highlights of the GWS game, you can see him doing great things, but GWS players are about to run him down.

It’s time. I am thankful for everything that BJ has done for us and putting up with the hospital pass of the saga, but it is indeed over for him.

1 Like

Crap…

1 Like

I don’t think BJ is crap but he is very, very slow which can be problematic.

He’s no faster than Heath Shaw. One more year left in him and then maybe a player/coach role.

No way does he get another year unless he is prepared to play VFL and help the kids

I think he’ll scrape through for one more year…I think there will be enough cuts from those other experienced players who are rarely picked in the senior side like Jerrett/Long/Leuey or Smack/Brown/Dea.

But every player must be prepared to play VFL. They don’t have a choice about it.

Finally, if we’re talking about running speed as an issue, BJ is not alone:

• Hooker is by far the slowest, and I’m slightly concerned about how we deal with that over the next 3.5 years.
  • Mutch’s speed is still a big question to me. He blitzed the 2km time trial, but his first few steps look pretty darn slow.
1 Like

Crap was meant for the post not BJ. No way it is time…

I know, but time catches us all. BJ is one of a number of slow players on our list and I don’t believe you can successfully play too many at once very often.

Twitter shows him in a wheelchair coming out of Sydney ? Whats the story ?

Is Goddard on much this year though? Surely he took a decent cut after his initial contract was up…surely?