Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Hmmm… I know how you feel.

There’s been a few jabs at the decision to move BJ on, and it’s a fine line defending the club without disrespecting BJ.

1 Like

Hasn’t the age pension eligibility gone up a few years ?

We know BJ is on the slide so wouldn’t you rather he call it a day now, rather than getting 1 more year that slowly descends to the mid point of the season whereby his place in the team is untenable?

The media have been arsehats to him for ages because he’s efc- now they can distinguish between the two he’ll become the victim of the efc.

Quite right. I always regard it as absolute nonsense when people say that champions have the right to decide when they’ll quit. TD would still be playing if that was the case.

When Clarkson retires his stars its genius - when efc does it’s unfair.

7 Likes

Wow I thought you were older.

3 Likes

yeah and thats why reiwoldt is a footballer.

to be fair, i reckon hawthorn was widely pilloried in the media for it. it’s only with retrospect that it’s been recognised as a good move.

It’s also very different

They’d won their flags and were going to inevitably drop at a rate of knots if didn’t refresh their list

We should push top4 mark next year which means we are contenders. And BJ might well have helped that cause. But club has decided otherwise.

And many factors around that. Including bringing in class mid(s) who help that cause moreso

Yes he will have to wait longer now.

He is probably correct.

1 Like

Not after the 6 year earn at Essendon.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind so much if I thought we were going to improve. Or him going would improve us. But I dont think him going improves us. And I have zero faith in the club to be able to effect a change in our performance. So you get rid of someone who is easily our best 22, wants to play on, has a lot to give the younger players…

Not sure about that. Long time to spend it all travelling the worlds golfing meccas.

That’s not a bad scrap heap.

1 Like

BJ and Jackson and Looney going frees up big dollars/ maybe even a million bucks. All three off the list won’t diminish our performance.
But boy does it a provide a huge opportunity in the market.

I really don’t think those guys leaving will give us an advantage over any other club. Everyone has players leaving.

I am not concerned about the other two. Jackson was never going to get a game and there is no place for Looney. They are no where near the same class as BJ.

1 Like

Makes it easier to let BJ go then. Need to find an advantage somehow.