Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

I think he along with xaharakis will benefit most from the returning players

Wow! I really like that spelling! Looks a lot better, actually. I wonder if that’s the way it’s supposed to be in the mother/fatherland.

It’s how they spell it in albania…

1 Like

Seems Z’s paternal grandfather fought in Greek resistance during WW2 - this was mentioned when he won his Anzac medal. The X not so far off- if it starts a word, pronounced as Z, like Xenophon

Goddard has bought into the club from day 1 - Has been front and centre defending the club for the last 4 years - I can’t heap enough praise on Goddard’s contribution to EFC.

4 Likes

If he plays 16 more games for us, we get father son selection out of BJ. Lets hope he and the missus are willing to have a few more kiddies.

The prevailing view seemed to be that he may struggle this year, and his spot could perhaps be up for grabs in the back half, but I reckon he was our best performed player over the three JLT games. He looks fresh and that boot is still a weapon. Still got a lot to offer, does BJ.

4 Likes

He always looks for the dangerous kick too. These don’t always come off which is what most remember. He will be top 5 best n fairest this year

4 Likes

His skills have been fantastic throughout the JLT. Agree with he looks for the dangerous kick. I like that

4 Likes

Bloke casually holed the 15th par 3 at Huntingdale; what a man.
That is a ■■■■■■ tough hole

Sicily reportedly hit an ace on the par-three 12th, before Goddard picked an eight iron, and holed the 15th from the tee box.

■■■■■■ hell, two hole in ones!?!

Very good game from Goddard, 70% game time, 29 disposals at 80%, game high 7 clearances for us !

I though he might have been cooked, but it seems he might have a role as a playmaker and distributor on the backside of stoppages. He just needs our extra fast players to compensate for his speed deficiency.

3 Likes

The less goddard feels like he has to do (ie the less he feels like he has the carry the team) the better he’ll play. his 50m switches and bullets will hit more targets and he’ll control the tempo more.

6 Likes

Very good last night I thought.

1 Like

This man has always had it.

He has just lacked the quality around him at times for him to be his damaging self and has tried to compensate by trying to do too much.

He is a class act on and off the field.

7 Likes

Thought he was good yesterday, a couple of those worm burning passes were unbelievable.

2 Likes

I think as a few said in the pre-season, if the foot skills can hold up, he will be just fine this year. And last night there was a bit of vintage BJ in some of his kicking

1 Like

He’s sees the option and then executes the kick so quickly. The pass is a bullet.

1 Like

Thought BJ’s game was fantastic… So lucky that we have had him at the club over the last few years.

3 Likes

Thought he was instrumental in the last, got the first two clearances from memory, that resulted in goals after being smashed in the 3rd…

His kicking into the 50 and long passes are elite. He is finally free to roam a bit more and can play the role we recruited him to play a.k.a everywhere it requires man.

What a game.

3 Likes