Former #9 Brendon James Goddard

Hats look far better than most efc ones.

Weird they’d only make 5. No issue if they only make 100, underestimated demand and sold out, but 5?

Probably a bit expensive to make soselling them at a regular mark up would make them hard to move.

I’m still half tempted to unload $100+ to get one, but would I want to wear it :confused:

I’ve got a Roc Nation cap that cost close to that and I feel bad if I ever sweat in it.

1st world problems …

5 Likes

I’m still half tempted to unload $100+ to get one, but would I want to wear it :confused:

Get one and laminate it

1 Like

Yeah dodge your taxes cause you’re too tight to donate to a charity.

Talking about charity, if any of you good Bomberblitz people have a spare quid or two and I know there are many kind and sincere people on this site, this charity is a good one. It has helped me.
http://www.gallipoliresearch.com.au/Site/lib/tax%20appeal

3 Likes

Great kid and wonderful family. Well worth supporting.

Congratulations Brendon on your 300th and I hope you enjoy the game Will.

2 Likes

There was no player that I was more impressed by in person vs what i imagined, than BJ - I thought he’s arrogant.
Met him in tje rooms after rd1- he was v nice. I asked for a pic - he asked me to wait and then came back for a photo. Wrote a personal message for my boys.

Champ. Deserves a premiership.

16 Likes

That’s what everyone who meets him says. Very, very approachable and very considerate and gentle.

1 Like

… and then he steps over that white line :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I listened to Goddard on the RSN podcast today. This should probably go into another thread but he was talking about how Worsfold and the coaches have left a lot of things up to the players. Ie. challenge them sort themselves out on the field.

We already knew this.

But then He was asked why Worsfold didn’t move Hooker back to Defence in the 3rd quarter against Richmond, to stem the momentum and get him into the game.

Goddard answered by saying that it’s up to the Leadership group to make those decisions when they can feel the momentum shift. My ears pricked up. Is this a new concept, Of letting the players decide positional changes depending on the momentum? I’ve never heard of players being given this responsibility. With the coaches role, more about talking to the players each quarter about what he can see from the coaches box.

Louis Van Gaal did that at United, he got turfed.

2 Likes

Ya see when the Club offered Woosha the job he asked for $800k a year. The Club said no we can only pay $700k a year. Woosha said OK then, but I won’t be making any decisions on game day, the players will have to do that themselves.

Pretty sure all the good teams do this/ have done this.

1 Like

Best thing to happen to our club in the last four years. We need to reward him with a flag.

5 Likes

I would hope something is being lost in translation. Because if that is what is happening we are in much worse shape than i thought

You do understand the his how all top teams operate?
If you have to wait for/rely on the coach to tell you the state of the game, and how to react, you are already stuffed.
That is one of the things that make the best teams the best. But it must be learnt.
Ergo it must be taught
It’s been ■■■■■■ obvious all year this is happening.

6 Likes

BJ bleeds red and black, can hardly remember him playing for another team. Love the bloke.

I reckon he has one more year in him too.

5 Likes

Not new at all.
Coaches would set up what the options are, players decide when to pull the pin. Game moves too quick to have coaches send out messages w/ runner.

The “leading teams” bullshit of about 10 years ago had a bit to do with it I believe.

1 Like