Founder of Westboro Baptist Church about to die

1185383_635313446538871_637101603_n.jpg

It‘s been three days. Is he still dead?

Surely to be excommunicated from a hate cult, you have to be one of the things you hate, whether that article is true or not, I'm betting he was a closet homosexual who fell inlove with a jewish man early on in life and didn't know how to handle it.

I read an article a while back that claimed Fred had been arrested for 'public indecency' (with another bloke involved) when he was quite young.  Haven't got the link though, and googling 'Fred Phelps gay' is just a pathway to depression with humanity.

What a wasted life, seriously.  Though apparently he did some good stuff representing blacks against racist laws in the 60s.

Also did a lot for the gay movement in America cause although some people were against it, they didn't want to be seen as hating it like he did.

The fires of everlasting perdition should be stoked right up now.

Not that I believe in a biblical hell. There's enough hell on Earth.

I assume he was buried face down so he couldn't see heaven.

Not that such a bilious ■■■■ would get in anyway.

Podcast of interview with his son:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/podcast/nathan-phelps-the-death-of-my-father

Apart from expressing his opinion with in the US constitutional law i cant see that he ever did anything "wrong"

He never, bashed, raped, killed tortured, non of those things. 

Yet some people put him in the category of being worse than the concentration camp commandant in schindlers list. 

His opinions are not good i agree, and protesting funerals is distasteful at best, unless you agree with him.

But you cant really be grateful for his death, then you would almost be just like him. 

Apart from expressing his opinion with in the US constitutional law i cant see that he ever did anything "wrong"

Yet some people put him in the category of being worse than the concentration camp commandant in schindlers list. 

His opinions are not good i agree, and protesting funerals is distasteful at best, unless you agree with him.

But you cant really be grateful for his death, then you would almost be just like him. 

You think protesting at funerals is 'Distasteful at best?' 

You think going to the funeral of Matthew Sheppard - who was bashed, tortured and left hog-tied to a fence to die, for no other reason than he was gay - and holding up signs saying God Hates ■■■■, and ■■■■ Burn in Hell, is just distasteful? 

His opinions were distasteful, his actions were downright sick. 

p.s. I do agree with you on the whole 'worse than hitler' and 'being grateful for his death' aspects. But don't downplay the guy. 

You think protesting at funerals is 'Distasteful at best?' 

You think going to the funeral of Matthew Sheppard - who was bashed, tortured and left hog-tied to a fence to die, for no other reason than he was gay - and holding up signs saying God Hates ■■■■, and ■■■■ Burn in Hell, is just distasteful? 

His opinions were distasteful, his actions were downright sick. 

p.s. I do agree with you on the whole 'worse than hitler' and 'being grateful for his death' aspects. But don't downplay the guy. 

Protesters show up to Executions in the USA all the time to protest that someone should "fry" if those who murdered Matthew Sheppard where being executed and protesters like his family had signs telling them to "fry" would that be distasteful at best? Some would say it is Good.

That is how the US works, you have the right to protest.  and you have the right to tell that protestor there protest is baseless.  

It is the same fundamental freedom that should have allowed matthew shepard to be open about his sexuality and not killed.

That is how the US works, you have the right to protest.  and you have the right to tell that protestor there protest is baseless.  

It is the same fundamental freedom that should have allowed matthew shepard to be open about his sexuality and not killed.

No, they are not the same fundamental freedoms, and I find it incredible that you think they are. 

No, they are not the same fundamental freedoms, and I find it incredible that you think they are. 

What that they are free to express both who they are with out fear of violence?  i find it incredible you do not think that is fundamental.

That is how the US works, you have the right to protest. and you have the right to tell that protestor there protest is baseless.

What that they are free to express both who they are with out fear of violence? i find it incredible you do not think that is fundamental.
You should burn because your name is Aaron.
Peos, you're a good bloke, all the best to you.
And I'm free! to say that, HOW DARE ANYONE say differently.
Stupidest freedom in the world. And not being against the law doesn't mean it's not an absolutely awful thing to do.

I feel the need to express my free view.

I"m glad he's dead.

Hopefully the others now wake up to themselves.

That is how the US works, you have the right to protest. and you have the right to tell that protestor there protest is baseless.

What that they are free to express both who they are with out fear of violence? i find it incredible you do not think that is fundamental.
Stupidest freedom in the world. And not being against the law doesn't mean it's not an absolutely awful thing to do.

But that is a direct threat of violence, i dont think, from my understanding, westboro have ever threatened to hurt or kill any individual or group directly.  

They never over step the legal boundary in the US, they certainly run very close. (im sure they have been taken to court though)

But that is a direct threat of violence, i dont think, from my understanding, westboro have ever threatened to hurt or kill any individual or group directly.  

They never over step the legal boundary in the US, they certainly run very close. (im sure they have been taken to court though)

It's virtually impossible to defend this mob. I don't know why you're trying.

It's virtually impossible to defend this mob. I don't know why you're trying.

To take a minor sidestep from the thrust of the discussion, this is not a defence, it's an observation.

Westboro do NOT step over the US legal boundaries.  They're stuffed full of lawyers, Fred himself was a lawyer and at least one of his kids who now runs the joint is a lawyer too.  I've read some very convincing stuff speculating that the whole obnoxious funeral-protesting thing is actually as much of a business model as it is a demonstration of sincere belief - by all reports, Westboro have done very well financially out of being absolute ■■■■■■ and provoking violent or free-speech-denying reactions from vulnerable or ■■■■■■-off people, who they then sue.

rocking up at funerals of dead soldiers with signs saying 'God Hates ■■■■' isn't 'protesting' anything. 

rocking up at funerals of dead soldiers with signs saying 'God Hates ■■■■' isn't 'protesting' anything. 

Exactly.  It's provoking people into punching you, or passing unconstitutional (in the US) laws banning you from turning up at military funerals with 'God Hates ■■■■' signs, either of which you can sue them for, and make a comfortable living thereby.

Exactly.  It's provoking people into punching you, or passing unconstitutional (in the US) laws banning you from turning up at military funerals with 'God Hates ■■■■' signs, either of which you can sue them for, and make a confortable living thereby.

So they're worse than god-botherers and worse than ambulance-chasers...almost makes you hope there really is a hell 'cos these c**ts deserve to suffer for eternity.

"X will burn" is exactly what they say, chant,sing, and write on their placards in half-metre writing.
Is the trick that *they* are not threatening anyone, rather saying their belief as per their inalienable rights is that their magic friend will do it?
Their constitution is such a pile of crap.