Fringe Players for 2015

Does anyone see any of the 2012-2014 "Fringe" players coming through into our best 22 next season?

If we assume Gleeson, Z.Merret, J.Merret , Cooney & Giles are part of the best 22, ... where does that leave these blokes?

Fringe:

O'Brien
Ashby
Edwards
Browne
Kavanagh
Van Unen
Dalgleish
Gregory
Hams
Aylett

The ones that I see as most likely would be Browne, O'Brien and Hams... apart from that would have to really hope there is a lot of development amongst that group as I think there is a fair gap between where they are now and contending for a spot in our best 22.

Gregory Delisted

Dalgleish will find a spot if he is fit.

I wouldn’t assume Jackson Merrett is best 22. I’d be picking a few of those “fringe” players ahead of him. He could be fighting for a spot on the list at the end of next season.

I wouldn't assume Jackson Merrett is best 22. I'd be picking a few of those "fringe" players ahead of him. He could be fighting for a spot on the list at the end of next season.

fair call

What about Pears, is he part of the Fringe group?

I wouldn't assume Jackson Merrett is best 22. I'd be picking a few of those "fringe" players ahead of him. He could be fighting for a spot on the list at the end of next season.

fair call

No more than a dozen games in a season over the last five years suggests yes.

fair call

Pears is very lucky to still be on the list imo, is very mich of the fringe.
Its a massive year for Melksham coming up. If he can't cement himself into the team next season, then i'm not sure what the future holds for him at Essendon.
Jackson Merrett is still young so will take time but he is also on the fringes of the senior team.

None of those players have shown anything close to what Jackson Merrett has shown, Browne comes closest.

Merrett had a bad form spell, hopefully he bounces back, but he is still ahead of those on that list.

he also had some kind of injury (hand/thumb?)  if I recall , that coincided with his form slump.  (J.Merret)

btw, are those boys the sons of Roger Merret?

None of those players have shown anything close to what Jackson Merrett has shown, Browne comes closest.
Merrett had a bad form spell, hopefully he bounces back, but he is still ahead of those on that list.

None of those guys have been afforded the opportunities Jackson has.

I just want to see Dalgleish get his body right and manage to play a number of consecutive games. A couple of years back he played the last 2-3 games of the season and was very impressive. Strong Body and very quick.

Dalgleish fitted into our side well when he played..if fit and firing he will be best 22

Is Browne still injured? I’d argue he’s a lot further behind the rest of the fringe group because of the injury. But it shouldn’t take long for him to be pushing for a spot again.

I only see Hams, Aylett and Edwards push for a spot. But again, I’m not confident it’ll happen by round 1, but by sometime between round 12 and the end of the year, I see them breaking in.

Does anyone see any of the 2012-2014 "Fringe" players coming through into our best 22 next season?
If we assume Gleeson, Z.Merret, J.Merret , Cooney & Giles are part of the best 22, ... where does that leave these blokes?
Fringe:
O'Brien
Ashby
Edwards
Browne
Kavanagh
Van Unen
Dalgleish
Gregory
Hams
Aylett
The ones that I see as most likely would be Browne, O'Brien and Hams... apart from that would have to really hope there is a lot of development amongst that group as I think there is a fair gap between where they are now and contending for a spot in our best 22.

For mine Ashby is the big chance to move up, good size, decent speed, strong work ethic and great attitude
Doesnt have any major holes in his game but needs to get a bit more footy
Hams is 50/50 we all love his commitment and bravery from the little we saw but theres still a lot to improve
NOB i cant decide where i stand there he has some very good strengths but also some reasonably big deficiencies
Gregory is gone
Edwards could be anything or nothing
Brown and Dalgleish could both be guns if the bodies come right
KAV! Has the attributes but question is his temperament/work ethic i think
Aylett the exact opposite of KAV!

flick to 12.24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NYlvpKS7xk

Dalgleish is to good to delist

Bomb Doe could do some work in this thread.

KOMMER!

ORAZIO??!!

Fringe:

O'Brien
Ashby
Edwards
Browne
Kavanagh
Van Unen
Dalgleish
Gregory
Hams
Aylett

What worries me is that nearly are all rather similar types in terms of physical size and position played.

Essendon don't seem to have any "fringe" taller types, either as forwards or defenders which places no pressure on, and provides no back-up to the key position best 22 players.  Injuries to couple of Carlisle, Hurley, Hooker, and/or Daniher and Essendon are near rooted.    

The way I look at it, some of these guys are beyond fringe. We probably would have taken an extra pick last year and one or two this year, if it wasn't for the sanctions. That means there's two or three guys who wouldn't be on the list in normal circumstances. Whoever those guys are, they're coming from a long way back to keep their spot for next year.