Fruit Juicers

We didnt help?
I'm insulted.

Don't be insulted. I should have anticipated that most of you would be health-unconscious, knuckle dragging, meat only eating, closet fark Carlton supporters* :P
*now you may feel insulted :)

I have one of these

http://www.kambrook.com.au/blitz2go-blender.html

Easy to clean and similar to the Nutri Bullet but cost around $45 - $50, just doesnt cope with harder stuff as well as the Nurti Bullet claims it can.

use it in the morning for smoothies

My Wife went on a juicing frenzy and so we bought this one

http://www.froothie.com.au/store/optimum-juicer/optimum-slow-juicer?gclid=COS5_tzw0sACFUccvAodKy4Ang

It gets all the juice out and leaves the pulp dry, which is supposed to be good.  My Wife finds it every easy to clean as she makes me do it.

True. However, I want something that'll help me smash a few apples, bananas, Kiwi fruit etc before morning rides, without having to chew.

Seriously, is your scheduled so full that "eating" has become an inconvenience?

Fun fact: juicing fruit tends to remove the fiber and such that makes fruit good for you, and leaves you with pretty much just the sugar. May as well smash down a Kirks creamy soda.

True. However, I want something that'll help me smash a few apples, bananas, Kiwi fruit etc before morning rides, without having to chew.

Fun fact: juicing fruit tends to remove the fiber and such that makes fruit good for you, and leaves you with pretty much just the sugar. May as well smash down a Kirks creamy soda.

my wife went juicing frenzy couldn't work out why she put on weight. 

she now makes the odd smoothie in a normal blender to retain the fibre and is much more mindful how much sugar she in ingesting.

i've dropped nearly all sugar from my diet, including fruit, and haven't been this light since high school.

Fun Fact: Cycling burns a frig-ton of calories. I torched over 3500 on Saturday.

I ride heaps and I eat what I want. On Sunday night I ate an entire pizza capers pizza solo.

Simmo has a point, apparently you’re supposed to blend veggies, not fruits. But telling someone who blends fruits pre-excercise about the horrors of poor eating is strange.

We didnt help?
I'm insulted.

Don't be insulted. I should have anticipated that most of you would be health-unconscious, knuckle dragging, meat only eating, closet fark Carlton supporters* :P
*now you may feel insulted :)

And here I was thinking that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me....... :sob:

Then you mentioned @!#%^&*.   :angry:

I can think of a terrific use for a juicer.....  RNBE juice.

Fun Fact: Cycling burns a frig-ton of calories. I torched over 3500 on Saturday.
I ride heaps and I eat what I want. On Sunday night I ate an entire pizza capers pizza solo.

Absolutely! Nothing like HJs or KFC for lunch after a 100km ride. Just because I can!
Simmo, it's not that my schedule is busy, just that my pre-ride, 5am two slices of vegemite or tomato toast is becoming pretty boring and just not enough fuel. This means carrying two or three bananas with me, as well as energy bars etc. At that time of day, I want a ton of fuel, quickly and easily as possible. And yes, I plan to add vegies and all sorts of different things into the mix.
Partisan, I take it all back. Except the fark Carlton bit ;)

she now makes the odd smoothie in a normal blender to retain the fibre and is much more mindful how much sugar she in ingesting.

i've dropped nearly all sugar from my diet, including fruit, and haven't been this light since high school.

Good all the more sugar for me !!

Absolutely! Nothing like HJs or KFC for lunch after a 100km ride. Just because I can!
Simmo, it's not that my schedule is busy, just that my pre-ride, 5am two slices of vegemite or tomato toast is becoming pretty boring and just not enough fuel. This means carrying two or three bananas with me, as well as energy bars etc. At that time of day, I want a ton of fuel, quickly and easily as possible. And yes, I plan to add vegies and all sorts of different things into the mix.
Partisan, I take it all back. Except the fark Carlton bit ;)

Yeah I'm with ya, just thought it was a funny way of putting it that makes you sound exceptionally lazy

"I really want to ingest things, but I don't want to go to the effort of chewing. Is there another way?"

Yeah I do the same thing, except for the cycling

Who eats before a ride anyway? You really want to run a blender at 4.30am?

That's what jersey pockets are for. Banana city.

No kids to wake, so blender/juicer running no issue for me. Could not operate without eating first, would hit the wall so quickly.

And I’ll likely still carry food with me, for snacks here and there, just not so much…can anyone recommend a good bicycle powered juicer? You know, so I don’t have to waste energy chewing… :wink:

This from the guy who used to promote KFC in every 2nd post...

This from the guy who used to promote KFC in every 2nd post...

I have become one of those people who drop a few kegs and then goes "hey that was so EASY, why doesn't EVERYONE do it" and becomes obnoxious towards fat people because of a combination of residual self-loathing and fear that they'll inevitably return to their old ways. You know the type.

ADRO FROM BIGGEST LOSER SEASON 1 I'M LOOKING AT YOU MATE

Did Adro put it back on?

Yep, you and me both.

I would ride 4-5 times a week to work, just under 40 round trip. Then ride 70-100km once or twice on the weekend.

Moved house (twice the distance from work), had another kid and basically have stopped riding, but also cut out sugar completely - over 6 months i dropped 10kg.

Why not take up a real sport that you don't have to get up at 5am to do because you're embarrassed about wearing lycra and don't want to be seen?

PS: Rolo, still haven't got my hat