Fuck you 2016 - sums it up for me!

Fark 2016. My dog went missing today. Haven't even had any fireworks yet.

Did/have you found your dog?

Dog found safe and sound thanks Miss Ellie. Family very much relieved.

And on the last day.....

My son has a rottie - his name is Roman. A huge dog - over 70kg with no extra weight, but the most beautiful personality.
About 10 days ago, he was a little ill, went off his food, and was generally depressed.
Vet diagnosed that he had a stomach bug.
3 days ago, he had been deteriorating, not eating, not improving. X-rays showed that he had an object in his gut.
An operation 2 days ago showed he had swallowed a rock, which had lodged in his digestive system. He had been eating grass for days, trying to dislodge it. Vet removed the rock, along with about a foot of intestine, and sewed him back up.
We picked him up from the vet two nights ago and took him to IC in Kensington for overnight observation.
Picked him up yesterday morning - was better - he walked and wagged his tail, and gave me a lick.
He ate a little and drank some at the vet yesterday. But today after the night, we were told that he seemed to take a turn for the worse.
We took him back to IC, and they did a few more tests, finding that he had a blood infection after the surgery.
So Roman is being put down now.
My son loses his mother and his best friend in the same year.
Goodbye, buddy. Love you.

I feel your pain. We recently put down our 15 y/o beloved family pet. I’ll probably cop flack for this, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through in my life. Harder than losing both parents to prolonged illnesses. I just wish mourning pets wasn’t such a taboo subject.

Genuine commiserations.

I don’t know why mourning pets should be taboo. They are family.
You’d be a real ■■■■ to have a problem with it.

Deckham so sorry for you and your sons losses.

And on the last day.....

My son has a rottie - his name is Roman. A huge dog - over 70kg with no extra weight, but the most beautiful personality.
About 10 days ago, he was a little ill, went off his food, and was generally depressed.
Vet diagnosed that he had a stomach bug.
3 days ago, he had been deteriorating, not eating, not improving. X-rays showed that he had an object in his gut.
An operation 2 days ago showed he had swallowed a rock, which had lodged in his digestive system. He had been eating grass for days, trying to dislodge it. Vet removed the rock, along with about a foot of intestine, and sewed him back up.
We picked him up from the vet two nights ago and took him to IC in Kensington for overnight observation.
Picked him up yesterday morning - was better - he walked and wagged his tail, and gave me a lick.
He ate a little and drank some at the vet yesterday. But today after the night, we were told that he seemed to take a turn for the worse.
We took him back to IC, and they did a few more tests, finding that he had a blood infection after the surgery.
So Roman is being put down now.
My son loses his mother and his best friend in the same year.
Goodbye, buddy. Love you.

I feel your pain. We recently put down our 15 y/o beloved family pet. I’ll probably cop flack for this, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through in my life. Harder than losing both parents to prolonged illnesses. I just wish mourning pets wasn’t such a taboo subject.

Genuine commiserations.

I don’t know why mourning pets should be taboo. They are family.
You’d be a real ■■■■ to have a problem with it.

I agree 100%. But, you know, some people are dicks.

William Christopher passed away on 31st.

My favourite poem.

For all our beloved pets (friends) that have gone.

The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies
that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm
and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health
and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and
looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs
carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your
special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your
life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

Author unknown

Miss Ellie, that is beautiful. Made me cry.

Thank you.

My favourite poem.

For all our beloved pets (friends) that have gone.

The Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies
that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm
and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health
and vigour; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and
looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs
carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your
special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your
life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together

Author unknown

A much needed tear, ta.

Miss Ellie …I have The Rainbow Bridge poem on my fridge …amongst other stuff have lost my little dog and little cat in 2016… Remaining little dog and cat have been heartbroken not to mention me. Lotsa tears. Family members think I am potty, but
it has just been a crappy year. When you get on in years your animals are your heart. Also So sad for you Deckham, unhappy family stuff and then helpless animal stuff combines to bowl you over. X

Well, a friend who's into fairy dust and crystals etc, told me something about numerology the other day.

She said that numerically, 2016 was a “9” year, a year of endings. numerology websites say …

“The Number 9 promotes completion. It signals a time to wrap things up and bring them to a conclusion” … and …

“A number 9 Year: Completion, Service, Endings, Culmination, Celebration, Emotional Release”

Then she said, … that 2017 was a “1” year, a year of new beginnings, …

“The number 1 is the maestro, the director of activities and events. 1 is a number about beginnings and new initiatives of all kinds.” …

“The numerology number for the year 2017, 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10 = 1. 2017 is set to be an explosive year running on all cylinders, firing on all corners. What an exciting time to be alive. 2017 marks the beginning of a new numerological cycle, bringing with it positive energy and large movements forward.” …

Now this would have just been another of those conversations that I just nodded, said that’s interesting", and forgotten about in an hour, until I realised that the 9 year numerological cycle she was on about, actually coincided, with the sacking of Sheeds in 2007, and the start of a 9 year cycle ending this year, and a new one beginning next.

So it did give me pause for thought … and made me think at least the curiosity of it bore it worthy of sharing.

Bring on '17. I’m certainty looking forward to it, and according to my cloud dwelling friend, so is the universe.

Happy New year Blitzers.

:slight_smile:

.... When you get on in years your animals are your heart.

So true. Commiserations, Bessie. Lets hope 2017 brings some joy.

Miss Ellie .....I have The Rainbow Bridge poem on my fridge ..amongst other stuff have lost my little dog and little cat in 2016.. Remaining little dog and cat have been heartbroken not to mention me. Lotsa tears. Family members think I am potty, but it has just been a crappy year. When you get on in years your animals are your heart. Also So sad for you Deckham, unhappy family stuff and then helpless animal stuff combines to bowl you over. X

It’s a beautiful poem.

That’s sad news Bessie that you lost 2 pets/friends and yes their friends grieve for them just like we do. Hope your dog and cat that are with you are bringing you joy.

This member of your extended family does’n’t think you’re potty at all. :slight_smile: